nippon motors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

i was thinking about buying a D16z6 from nippon motors and i was wondering if anyone has ever used them or heard of them even. how r they?

they are good from what ive heard, but a d16z6 is very common here in the US and Canada, so if i was u i'd keep the shipping fee and just go to a local wrecking yard.

the only real junkyard around here never has any D16z6's and i like the idea of having an imported motor. if i could find one for under 400 localy i would scoop it up but i probaly wont

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Aug 30 2003, 11:50 PM
the only real junkyard around here never has any D16z6's and i like the idea of having an imported motor. if i could find one for under 400 localy i would scoop it up but i probaly wont

Who cares if it is imported, importing a D16Z6 is like importing toilet paper, pointless.

isnt there a place or a garage where kids will swap motors out anywhere close? They ususally have d16's laying around from ex's swapped to b16's. I live in South NJ and theres a bunch of kids who do motor swaps and I know they have a couple in there garage. I dont know if u would be up to the drive down here...

d16z6 is just a 93-95 EX/Si motor those are everywhere. im located in so cal, but yea they are like candy. i have 4 at my house rite now. they cost b/w 100-400 complete. i mainly use the block and top end. cuz i race them, blow one up, and get another one. im sure you can find them locally near you.

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Aug 31 2003, 01:20 PM
in that case does anyone know a place in upstate NY where i can get one for 200-400?

Where about's in upstate NY do you live?

Back