Nissan develops "eco" pedal to push back when you stomp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when i brought up the price thing earlier, i was talking about when i was at a GM dealership & i was looking at some Firebirds & Corvettes (older models) there was a couple thousand dollar diffrence in the ones with and without ABS.

i think the ATT will be the same way, just something useless that people will end up paying a lot for

Awful. I hate ESC and ESP stuff. If you can turn it off and on, less of an issue. Hope Nader doesn't try to make it mandatory.

I've got no problem with it, as long as it can be turned off. There are people on the roads right now who can't properly operate a can opener, let alone the 3000lb rolling hunk of death that they're flinging down the freeway. Anything to help them is A Good Thing.

I think the pedal just gives resistance; you can still overpower it and scoot out of a dangerous situation if you need to.

Last edited:
I dissabled the ABS in my EX Accord. I love all the people that call/e-mail me worring about ABS/VSC/traction.. etc... like they are the only options that they care about. I can understand snow or even rain and and wanting some kind of stability system.... maybe. Oh, and also if I'm driving some aAWD beast like the EVO/GT-R. 90% of the time all these things do is hinder your driving ability. Look at the 350Z and the g35.. utter junk unless you get rid of the traction control.. limiting throttle etc.. its just bs.

I want an optional lane on all highways and interstates. A lane with an electronic track right down the middle of it. Hop on the interstate, merge into the lane, and hit "autopilot". Traffic computers take over, noone ever has to stop, bumper to bumper at speed, no problem. The lane can control the accel/decel however much it likes, because my ass is going to be kicked back snoozing.

^^^

Mmhmm. I thought about that shit when I was like 5. That would take care of all the stupid hicks around here that think it's safer going like 40 in a 65.

I've been on for like 2 minutes a day. Lol, I've haven't really been gone. Just lurking.

I want an optional lane on all highways and interstates. A lane with an electronic track right down the middle of it. Hop on the interstate, merge into the lane, and hit "autopilot". Traffic computers take over, noone ever has to stop, bumper to bumper at speed, no problem. The lane can control the accel/decel however much it likes, because my ass is going to be kicked back snoozing.

That'd be cool, except for morons like 91accord, who won't^H^H^H^H^Hrefuse to fix their car, and bring it to a state where it's no longer a danger to others.
I wouldn't want to be near him in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

That'd be cool, except for morons like 91accord, who won't^H^H^H^H^Hrefuse to fix their car, and bring it to a state where it's no longer a danger to others.

:werd:

Although at the point where they'd actually be implementing a system like this they'd probably have diagnostics to monitor all of that stuff as well...

I'd hope by then (I'm not sure I could ever let a computer drive my car.. I like to do it on my own) there would be a way to detect if the car has been through regular maintenance/needs some kind of maintenance to be able to even go on the highway. So people like him either keep it fixed or don't get on. I don't see this as being a very good thing though. I'm sure the "Track" would just be some sort of sensors in the road just like the ones they are developing now. We already pay astronomical taxes and alot of the states goes into highways/roadways. And if it is anything like here in PA., I'd be very afraid of depending on penndot to keep the roads in well enough order to run this kind of system.

Edit: Brutal beat me to it ^^/.

I heard about this pedal a couple days ago. If all it does is increase resistance than it's a good idea. Anything more than that would just be pushing it. Like that lexus that parallel parks itself. Who needs that. People are becoming so lazy that you don't even have to drive your own car.

I heard about this pedal a couple days ago. If all it does is increase resistance than it's a good idea. Anything more than that would just be pushing it. Like that lexus that parallel parks itself. Who needs that. People are becoming so lazy that you don't even have to drive your own car.

You wouldnt be calling it lazy if you have ever had your car wrecked by some idiot trying to parrllel park their car.

The whole pedal thing is just stupid. If this catches on next thing you know people are going to be okay with goveners in their car that restricts them to 65 on the interstate because it saves fuel.

You have a very good point. As for the governers that would suck. I don't suspect a governer catching on though. 1 rogue brand would try it, but no one would buy it since they could get a car that can go over 65. A parent or two may buy their kid one, but they just wouldn't move a high number of them at all.

Buick and Oldsmobile must have installed them on their cars before. That would explain all the old people that do 0-60 in---- never.

Yeah, the lexus..... Lol. I can parallel park before you can 'set' the mode so it'll park:

1. Pull up your rear bumper to the rear of the spot.
2. Press the button.
3. Back up your front bumper to the rear of the spot.
4. Press the button.
5. Pull up to the same spot from number 1.
6. Press the button.
7. Curse at the asshole in the civic that just took your spot.
8. Drive around for 15 minutes to try to find a 'normal' spot.
9. Watch gas prices go up.

Yeah.... I saw someone using that feature a few months ago. They got out of their car, with it running, and yelled at me for 'stealing their spot'. It was really funny. "Can't you see that I was going to park there? What are you thinking? I was almost parked there!"

BTW, if you wrap your throttle plate spring around an extra time on a honda TB, you'll get more pedal feel. You can get about 30% throttle, then you have to work harder at pushing it.

I highly reccomend this to everyone who drives on the highway.

Buick and Oldsmobile must have installed them on their cars before. That would explain all the old people that do 0-60 in---- never.

And I've heard cops in Washington have them set at 128. Go faster than that I guess and all you have to worry about it the coptor lol.

And I've heard cops in Washington have them set at 128. Go faster than that I guess and all you have to worry about it the coptor lol.

I am not sure about having the governors set at 128 but some departments have policies about not pursuing someone going above X speed. Ill have to ask one of the cops around here about their policy.

Back