Nissan Leaf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
What are your thoughts? I kinda want one.

Nissan Leaf Electric Car | Nissan USA Official Site

315ms1h.png

100 miles per charge, and charging takes less than 6 hours.

Why are the head lights stretched to the freaking windshield?

The inability to charge itself will be the death of it. 6 hours per 100 miles is pretty lame. Give me something that can rack off 500 miles a charge and I'll be giggle happy.

On the flip side, it isn't hideous like most of the eco friendly stuff out there.

Last edited:
I would use it to drive back and forth to work, and that's it. Grocery shopping, beer runs, and that's about it. The problem is that there isn't a long-range electric car yet, and the charging systems are bulky, or if they aren't bulky, they take forever.

The Tesla Roadster is still pretty much the only electric car I'd own.

I just did over 100 miles of driving in Rocky Mountain National Park today. If I had been driving the Nissan Leaf, I'd be stranded on some mountain in a midnight thunderstorm. That's100 miles on flat ground. I'd like to see it here where +-5000' elevation changes are required. These plug-in only cars will fail in this country. The only place they are practical is in the city. These are the same cities where a parking spot costs as much as a car payment. The future is in fuel cell vehicles and hybrids.

Agreed. I wouldn't buy a car that I can't get fuel (in this case electrons) to power it. The problem is that gasoline and diesel are cheap and abundant compared to other forms of stored energy.

I keep thinking, if the oil companies didn't run this country the Honda FCX would be huge.

Neat. I guess plastic is cheaper than steel. "let's do headlights with wheel arches instead of fenders."

Neat. I guess plastic is cheaper than steel. "let's do headlights with wheel arches instead of fenders."

nissan is just making faces with the front of their cars. it's all they care about.

the slut:
2010-nissan-silvia03.jpg

The fat friend:
2010_nissan_cube.jpg

the bully:
2010-nissan-gt-r-front-angle-588x384.jpg

and the vampire:
2010-nissan-370z-coupe.jpg

i think it looks like a rwd altima. the s15 is going to be hard to beat.

Shit I think that with the Genesis getting around maybe Nissan might actually start working on a new Silvia. It's just a matter of time til' we see an S16 in production, and I think it could happen soon.

As for the electric car...

I like the looks, but 100 miles to a charge is definitely not enough for me. I drive about 80 miles round trip to my new job. Just started yesterday! Anyways, that leaves about 15-20 miles over when I get home, and that is simply unacceptable. Like someone else said, 500 miles to a charge would be good, I think even if it took 12 hours I'd still be satisfied with that ratio..

minor side note, while the slut and bully are very sexy, the saddest thing i have seen in a long time was a black GT-R on a flat bed, gutted after the 18 year old kid whose daddy bought it for him rolled in 3 times on a back road, after the same kid totalled the turbo supra (I believe, or something else very sexy that everyone here would love to own and would treat like a God). My guess would be he's probably working on daddy to get him a Ferrari next so he can stop totallying these junk sub-quarter million dollar cars. I wish I had rich idiot parents!

There's a kid here who drives a GTR his parents bought him for a graduation present. High school graduation. He talks about how special he is to his parents because he asked for an STi and they got him a GTR instead. (STis and EVOs are the standard high school graduation gift around here.)

oh you did a few nights of homework and got B's on a 10 point grading scale, heres a 25,000 dollar car!

high school is a joke, they should be rewarding their kids for getting a degree.

that whole nissan faces thing is totally spot on haha

Back