Nissan Quest Tires and Performance(?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

my mom's van needs new tires, her current ones really suck(cheap tires, even though still has tread it doesnt have any wet grip and also the sidewalls are weak as hell; scuffing on the side of the tires). i dont remember what the OE size tires were, but the current ones are 205/75-15s. imo they look skinnier than the older tires that were on there(some sort of goodyear off-roadish tires).
now after looking on TireRack.com and such, it says they had a performance package for the van and it uses 215/70-15 size tires. does anyone know if itll work on the Nissan Quest? the trim is GXE with alloy wheels(im thinking the "Standard" had the hub-caps, but i dont know hers, maybe performance?) and on the insurance van they have it listed as "Sport Van".

Thanks, Kevin.

edit: its a 1993 Nissan Quest GXE

Look up the options on Edmunds or something for that year, then match the tire diameter that came on the van when it left the factory. If the performace package uses taller tires, it may also have a transmission that's calibrated differently to read speeds correctly with the larger tires.

The stock tire size should be stamped on your door jambs too.

Back