nissan SE-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC_CBR

yeah guys, so since my EK coupe was totalled over the summer, i bought a 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R. i bought an auto(before you rip I was still livin in Vegas and hating the traffic and so driving a manual became no fun), anyway, power wise it's stock, and i was kind of planning on keeping it that way, but i'm itching to go FI. leaning towards turbo over SC because it's ok under 3k(huge difference in tq from the 1.6 to the 2.5) so i'm thinking turbo cuz after 3k-3.5k it just seems to lose power. but i'm having trouble finding anything for te platform. any suggestions or help? thanks. late.
Sam

I have said it once and I will say it again

when a transmission comes from nissan... and it isnt a manual

its an autotragic.

Hands down WORST auto trans that has ever EVER EVER FUCKING EVER been created.

If you keep the auto- or go for a 5 speed make sure you keep the stock 16" wheels, or something comparable.
My mother drives an 02' SER Spec V with the 17" wheels and the original set of Continental SportContact tires. (Car has 29k miles on it, and uses winter tires in the winter). Wheelhop is a major issue. The LSD helps, but only on corners and when you do burnouts. My father and I have caught rubber going into 3rd.

This spring we're planning on a nice set of 16"s and some Azenis RT's.

Other than that, the car pulls like a motherf'er from 2nd gear on. The 1st gear rev limiter is a little gay, and 6th is hard to find - but the car moves. We got a 2.5" Magnaflow system on it and an AEM CAI. Also looking at a race header.

It's way faster than my Civic... :dry:

For now. :ph34r:

return it.

a buddy of mine is on his 4th motor cuz stuff kept breaking or failing. oh, yeah, bone stock car.

those vq25's are garbage..

Nissan truly is the Ford of Japan. It's tough to be loyal to the company. Even Nissan fans are general fans of one or two cars, of specific years.

Quoted post[/post]]
Nissan truly is the Ford of Japan. It's tough to be loyal to the company. Even Nissan fans are general fans of one or two cars, of specific years.
Its true. Sad, but true.

I could go on for years about all of the terrible cars that nissan has produced, but..... meh.

Werd, as great as the car drives - its been in a Nissan dealer more than it should. It's got 29k miles FFS.

Both window regulators went. Needed to replace all the brakes. Struts are going. Rear E-brake tensioner is shot. Had it in for the cat-converter recall. Not to mention the fact that the interior has the feel of a Daewoo.

I still am so disappointed in nissan for the mistakes that they have made in the last 6 or 7 years.

Quality control seems to highly be going out the door to things like cheaper production

I dont expect BMW like vehicles, but I do expect them to be atleast on par with Honda and Toyota... as far as I am concerned I completely agree with the Daewoo feeling seats... fucking cheap and uncomfortable

I still think one of the best all around cars that nissan has ever produced was the late 90s maximas.... mmmm v6 5speeds.... and you thought you had torque problems.

My Nissans have all been sexy performers, but I had the worst of the bunches:

My Micra. Nuff said.
the 81 280Z - Nice car, but the interior just fell apart. The doors never hung right and the brakes siezed yearly.
82 200SX hatch - loved that car, but the brakes seizes every 6 months. That and the NAPSZ dual ignition which CAN NEVER BE TIMED CORRECTLY.
the 87 had NAPZ too. It's transmission ate mounts and the car got worn out really quick.
the 91 NX2000 had the 5th gear pop out and ate all of its mounts regularly.

This one I'm prepared to deal with the NX issues, and I think I may have a winner this time around.

i hold both my past 1992 SE-R and current 1990 240sx in extremely high regards.

they are hands down a bajillion times better than my fuckin DA ever was. i dumped $1500 into my DA and it still wasnt as fun as my SE-R was stock.

and as far as the 240 goes. i guess i lucked out becuase all the typical problems i dont have. all my bushings are intack, odomoter works, seatbelts work and are not torn, seatbelt buckles are just fine, no cracks in the dash, rear wiper works, nitro tubes on the hatch still work. all interor lighting works. all interior pieces are still there.

i agree that the new SER motor is a piece of garbage, but look at everyone but honda. they are all dropping 2.4L+ 4cyls in their compacts to make torque. fortunately honda is all over that market as the K20 is one of the coolest engines ever.

Quoted post[/post]]
My Nissans have all been sexy performers, but I had the worst of the bunches:

My Micra. Nuff said.
the 81 280Z - Nice car, but the interior just fell apart. The doors never hung right and the brakes siezed yearly.
82 200SX hatch - loved that car, but the brakes seizes every 6 months. That and the NAPSZ dual ignition which CAN NEVER BE TIMED CORRECTLY.
the 87 had NAPZ too. It's transmission ate mounts and the car got worn out really quick.
the 91 NX2000 had the 5th gear pop out and ate all of its mounts regularly.

This one I'm prepared to deal with the NX issues, and I think I may have a winner this time around.

the early and mid 80s z cars get two thumbs WAY down from me

the 200sx hatch .... YARR THE NISSAN TERRIBLE BRAKES RETURN!!

Sr20de is almost a given for eating all of the motor mounts

replace them with stiff Nismo replacements or such... and all is well.

now..... BUILD a 170hp allmotor sr20de and lets go have some fun.

Quoted post[/post]]
i hold both my past 1992 SE-R and current 1990 240sx in extremely high regards.

they are hands down a bajillion times better than my fuckin DA ever was. i dumped $1500 into my DA and it still wasnt as fun as my SE-R was stock.

i agree that the new SER motor is a piece of garbage, but look at everyone but honda. they are all dropping 2.4L+ 4cyls in their compacts to make torque. fortunately honda is all over that market as the K20 is one of the coolest engines ever.

The original Se-R was one of the greatest cars to ever be produced by nissan, it was as ground breaking as the Z was in 1970. Handling like its on a freakin track and the power for back then was unheardof in a minicoupe

The QR25DE is a step in the right direction, but I dont think it should have ever been used as more than a building block to find the potential problems and fix them.

Back