nitrous ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whiped hatch

hey im new here and i was just wondering if anyone out there can help me out. Im planning on keeping my d16y7 motor but forging the short block and spraying it. i was wondering what are some good pistons and rods that are at a good price? Also what kinda jet can i use? i was thinking of a 55 shot. thanks...

Sounds like kind of a waste of forged internals. Those engines are soo cheap that if you spray it and blow it you would be better off just buying a new one.

You are better off saving your money for a vtec engine. Even a mini me on the y7 block with some higher compression honda pistons pressed onto your y7 rods.

Take the money that you would be spending on the nitrous kit plus the amount that you will be spending on nitrous/forged internals in the next few years and spend it in building your D16 all motor with a mini me. No bottle to fill and more reliable.

When will he get to enjoy more power? in a few years? Do a fuel pump, and a zex dry kit, bigger injectors and engine management. Safely spray 55-75.

alright well whats a good all motor setup for my d16? with an all motor setup would i be able to pull on a stock b16 del sol?

alright well whats a good all motor setup for my d16? with an all motor setup would i be able to pull on a stock b16 del sol?

If you want reliable, do a swap. Gs-r will whoop b16 del sol's, but if you wanna beat more than just a b16 del sol, go with an ITR swap. Worth it. Don't get into engine building unless you have money. It is not cheap to build an engine. A b-series swap or spray the single.

alright well if i spray it what do i have to do to the internals? i have 135k right now.
and i cant swap in a engine. to many smog restrictions in cali.

Spray the stock engine, just do what I said to do prior. When you get it tuned on the bottle, they will (or should) put in plugs 1-2 degrees colder, depending on your shot. Just upgrade your fuel system with a high flow pump, walbro 255 would do just fine. Up the injectors a bit, nothing major. 310's will be plenty with not too much duty cycle on the bottle.

Does your engine smoke or burn oil? If not, leave the rings alone. If you want to spray bigger, than pulling the pistons/rods and re-ringing it with a ring end-gap specifically for nitrous, including rings that are coated, which also helps with nitrous, is the way to go.

my motor doesnt smoke or burn oil but are you sure that it will hold the nitrous even with 135k miles on it?

crome only works on obd1 ecu's. I suggest it, but I will let you know now that when you tune an engine for nitrous, you lose power from the naturally aspirated end. Pretty much meaning that it won't be as poweful on engine alone, but will run reliably and powerful on the bottle. Main thing with nitrous and people saying its so dangerous, is pretty much in the tune. You cannot just install a nitrous kit and spray the shit out of it and expect it to run efficiently. Doesn't work like that. I've sprayed 100 shot single fogger on a STOCK gsr engine with ITR cams for months, never ruined the rings or smoked heavily and the engine had 120k miles on it roughly when I put the bottle on it.

also should i tune it on crome at a shop?
how much should tuning put me back?

Yes. Crome usually runs around 400-500 with a dyno session included. They chip your obd1 ecu and tune it on the dyno. Just make sure you have the nitrous setup installed already and let them know that you have not changed the plugs to colder. They will change them for you (atleast my tuner does).

Okaye, your going to have to convert it to obd1. ECU jumper harness, obd2a to obd1. You will need an obd1 ecu, p28 will probably be the easiest to find.

The reason why I said that he should build the y7 to a mini me high compression is because he will have the power all the time and not just when he sprays it. Also because he said that he wanted to build this motor for nitrous so I assumed he had the cash for a built engine now. You could get almost the same amount of power from a fully built Y7/Y8 mini me but the power will be free (no bottle to fill).

If you really want to go the nitrous route, you should do what ls vtec said and what I said in the first post. Spray the stock motor. You can use a p28 but if you go to a scrap yard a non vtec obd1 ecu might be easier to find since you don't have vtec and chip that one. It might be cheaper as well.

he already said that he didn't want to swap the motor cause of smog restrictions. read above ^^^

and just listen to this guy. honda-tech has a huge nitrous thread. for any more ?'s.

dont tune when using a 55 shot, just buy the zex kit. sounds like a good way to blow your motor. retard the timing a few degrees, and let the nitrous kit handle the fuel the kits are designed to add more fuel when you dump the nitro in

Back