Nitrous on my Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

machine

Banned
I already searched and found similar threads but nothing specific enough. I just got the NX single Nozzle system. I am putting it on my 2000 Civic EX. The only underhood mod I've done so far has been a AEM cold air intake. One of my friends at school (i let him do this without thinking) put a jumper wire on my ECU and advanced my timing 2 degrees, he said. The car runs fine, but I want to know will I encounter any problems with the nitrous and the timing change? Also what spray can I use? NX recommends I can only do the 50 shot, but I've read a lot of people hitting a 75. Any thoughts?

WTF? you can't jump the ecu and make it run advanced

lol your friend is a moron, and you're one too for thinking that works.

first off he got under the hood with a timing light and manually adjusted the timing, but he said you had to jump the ecu to keep the timing from automatically resetting. Don't call me a fucking moron for something that I saw him do, I just wanted an answer to a question I didn't know the answer to. This place is turning into fucking Honda Tech, Dome was right

lot of people do use 75-100 shots but I'd hate to open thier block and see the black sludge.....not recommended for a reason!NX knows what they are doing...really who's data would you trust,a multimillion dollar company that has the cash to buy a couple civics to trash or some dude?a bigger shot is possible but its your engine,stay w/50 until you build and buy a set of colder plugs that NX recommends.

I would only run a 50 shot if I were you. Then start building the engine a little so you can run a larger shot of nitrous.

i'm working on a B20 vtec right now, i just wanted to have some fun but not blow up my motor before the swap is done

Stick with a 50 shot and DO NOT Advance the timing! Its the worst thing you could do. You should retard it 1 degree instead. Also get 1 step colder plugs to further ensure your motor's life.

ya know what you could do....take it to the track and see how long it would last with a 150 shot, that'd be neat I bet

Back