1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nitrous on my Civic

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by machine, Jun 28, 2003.

1. machine

machine Banned

I already searched and found similar threads but nothing specific enough. I just got the NX single Nozzle system. I am putting it on my 2000 Civic EX. The only underhood mod I've done so far has been a AEM cold air intake. One of my friends at school (i let him do this without thinking) put a jumper wire on my ECU and advanced my timing 2 degrees, he said. The car runs fine, but I want to know will I encounter any problems with the nitrous and the timing change? Also what spray can I use? NX recommends I can only do the 50 shot, but I've read a lot of people hitting a 75. Any thoughts?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

WTF? you can't jump the ecu and make it run advanced

lol your friend is a moron, and you're one too for thinking that works.

3. machine

machine Banned

first off he got under the hood with a timing light and manually adjusted the timing, but he said you had to jump the ecu to keep the timing from automatically resetting. Don't call me a fucking moron for something that I saw him do, I just wanted an answer to a question I didn't know the answer to. This place is turning into fucking Honda Tech, Dome was right

4. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

lot of people do use 75-100 shots but I'd hate to open thier block and see the black sludge.....not recommended for a reason!NX knows what they are doing...really who's data would you trust,a multimillion dollar company that has the cash to buy a couple civics to trash or some dude?a bigger shot is possible but its your engine,stay w/50 until you build and buy a set of colder plugs that NX recommends.

5. 2fastCRX

2fastCRX Senior Member

I would only run a 50 shot if I were you. Then start building the engine a little so you can run a larger shot of nitrous.

6. machine

machine Banned

i'm working on a B20 vtec right now, i just wanted to have some fun but not blow up my motor before the swap is done

7. OldSchoolSwap

OldSchoolSwap Senior Member

Stick with a 50 shot and DO NOT Advance the timing! Its the worst thing you could do. You should retard it 1 degree instead. Also get 1 step colder plugs to further ensure your motor's life.

8. itsbigmike

itsbigmike Junior Member

ya know what you could do....take it to the track and see how long it would last with a 150 shot, that'd be neat I bet

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted