nitrous or turbo?? which ones better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so okay. once again i cant make up my mind so i figured id let some honda guro's help me out. which one gives you more bang for your buck? nitrous or turbo? it i did turbo i would run no more then 13 psi max. if i did nitrous i wouldnt go any bigger then a 75 shot. ive got stock internals on my b20b and basic boltons like fpr, header, intake, arp headstuds, and block guard. its my everyday driver so the question every guy wants to know..which one would blow harder for the money? :D

turbo would pay you back in the end. running nitrous on a dd is just not advisable...especially if it is all stock. the same can be said for a b20 as well. more people will tell you its because of the thin sidewalls, but its actually for the same reason, piston rings and possible age.

If it were my car and i had to have one or the other on my DD, id go for turbo. Nitrous is added costs for every time you use it, while a turbo is an upfront fee for a life time of service.

Think of it like cable internet.

Would you rather pay 4,000 upfront for internet that follows you every where you go for the rest of your life, or would you rather pay $700 up front, and then have to pay $50 a month for the rest of your life. Eventually nitrous adds up, but its an easier fix for a much lower up front cost.

yeah i understand that. filling the bottle up isnt cheap and starts to add up. i just already have the nirous kit and didnt know if that would be more hp then the turbo runing 13psi. do you think the b20b could handle a 75 shot till i got the turbo set up? or what precautions should i take for it to be sutiable

I'd sell the nitrous kit and put the money towards piecing together your own turbo kit. I'm in the process of doing the same thing right now for my b18b. So far I've spent ~300 and I already have turbo, manifold, oil lines, and bov. Its a little t25, but it should do the trick. Turbo setups really aren't that expensive if you take your time and find good deals. Alot of cheap stuff out there, check dsmtrader.com for good deals on turbos.

Plus, you're going to beat the hell out of your motor with that nitrous, guaranteed. Most people say hey, ill only spray once in awhile, but they spray all day, everyday. Nitrous loves high compression, but unless you have forged internals its really not a good idea on a DD.

Back