nitrous pitfalls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have heard a lot of shit about nitrous being overrated and I have also been told that every shot of nitrous takes 5000 miles off your engine
info please +s and -s please

:wtf:

Nitrous Oxide, when installed and used properly, does no more wear and tear to your car then running shitty 87 octane pump gas. If n2o itself fucked motors up, do you think they would have ran it in planes in wwII?

thanks for the info its much appreciated and then just out of curiosity I was told about a complete kit by nx or something being sold out of schucks auto supply stores is it worth consideration or should I goww with a different setup

Originally posted by some white guy@Apr 10 2004, 12:12 AM
Nitrous Oxide, when installed and used properly, does no more wear and tear to your car then running shitty 87 octane pump gas. If n2o itself fucked motors up, do you think they would have ran it in planes in wwII?

Yeah exactly it does no more damage to your car, than running 87 octane when your car needs 91 or 93. Nitrous does a lot of damage, even companies who make nitrous products will warn you of the severe damage that their product can and will do to your car. It also depends on how much you shoot and how often you do it, but trust me it will take the life out of your motor. I know so many people who bought nitrous 2 or 3 years ago, who now have blown motors or are on their next rebuild, and are not running nitrous systems.

nitrous = more air.
more air = need fo rmore fuel

if you don't give it the right amount of more fuel, you lean the fuck out and go boom

nitrous, like anything else, just needs to be done right. If your motor is leaning out every time you push the button, yeah, it's going to ruin your motor

Back