nitrous??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaElite

i have a mini me in my coupe..its a b7 block/z6 head..i have a 10oz bottle with a 50 dry shot jet...should it handle it and if it does how many sprays sould it last lol

I've been doing some research on nitrous because I'm about to throw a bottle in my Civic. From what I've read here's some advice.

If you use a dry shot, you need to get a tuning chip and a good tuner to tune the ecu, the stock fuel table isn't good for nitrous.

You'd be better off with a wet kit because the kit itself is tapped into the fuel line to adjust fuel without the ecu doing it.

This is all true for a 75+ shot, but I don't know you might be able to use a 50 w/o problems. Also, ignition timing should be advanced by a degree I believe.

Do a compression and leakdown test, if everything comes up good then that engine should handle a 50 shot no problem as long as you read what I typed above. Just don't go over 75 without a build. Nitrous costs about $3.50-$5.00 per pound, and I believe a 100 shot uses 0.8 pounds per 10 seconds. Do the math, the 50 shot should be good for a while before having to refill a 10 pound bottle.

Last edited:
Nitrous is fun, when done properly. Dry kits spray through a line, into a solenoid, and out of a line into a jet and into your intake charge piping. A wet kit is almost the same, but your mixing fuel with the nitrous and can come in a single fogger style, or a direct port depending on the manufacturer. A 50 shot dry is good on the stock pump/fuel system, as long as you setup the engine accordingly and verify that the engine is healthy enough to handle it.

Things you HAVE to do to prep for nitrous:

1) Retard timing (depending on shot size)
2) Run colder plugs (depending on shot size)

When I say "depending on shot size", I am saying that the larger the jet you use, the bigger the shot. I believe it is 2* colder plugs per 30 hp shot, or something of that nature.

If you wanna do it right, than you would do injectors, engine management (have it tuned), colder plugs, back the timing off accordingly and fuel pump, 255lph is fine with room for a bigger shot later on. If you wanna play it even safer, you have new piston rings installed with larger end-gaps to support a larger shot.

A lot of people say nitrous blows up engines... that a bald face lie. Its all in the tuning.

thanks alot guys...im just useing it for now to see hwo i like it..idk if itll be a long term goal..but never know...but thanks again for the help

Back