Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

I've heard plenty of people say that nitrous fucked up their motors. What is it about NO2 that screws them up. Are the motors just not built up enought to handle the nitrous or what. Thinking about putting a 35 shot on my h23 VTEC I'm building next month and just wondering if there is any kind of mods i can do to help keep the engine from getting blown. So far, aside from just swaping the heads, the only other thing i'll be doing is getting my rods shot pined(Excuse the spelling if it wrong). Thanks.

That motor will handle that 35 shot like nothing. The top reason most people blow up or ruin their motors is because they either use it while they are revving too high already or they're in too high of a gear to let the motor rev freely. So when they inject the nitrous the motor resists revving because they are in too high of a gear causing things to break! So dont worry, your motor will hadle that shot easily.

taking a 10.5:1 compression motor and raising the compression level to 22.5:1 with the push of a button will cause things to break.

I have a 75-shot on a stock internaled Jdm B16a and have gone through three full bottles so far and have no problems at all it just all depends on the kit you use and how much you use it. I have the Zex kit with the ECU that tells it to shut off if it runs to rich or lean.

like 12 sec said it is all about the kit you use if your a beginer use zex! It controlls the no2 so that you dont have to worry about tuning for it.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 23 2003, 09:34 PM
like 12 sec said it is all about the kit you use if your a beginer use zex! It controlls the no2 so that you dont have to worry about tuning for it.

:werd:

venom vcn-2000 makes me drool :worthy:

Originally posted by Liquidblaze@Jul 23 2003, 08:24 PM
taking a 10.5:1 compression motor and raising the compression level to 22.5:1 with the push of a button will cause things to break.

nitrous doesn't raise compression like that....

basically, it makes the air stupid cold, and shoves in a lot more, so you need FUEL to burn with it.

Proper mixture is what f's up people's motors, that, and too much timing. Wet kits are safer IMO. Any car without a fuel pressure gauge with nitrous is a disaster waiting to happen. When pressure drops off due to demand...BAM!

you don't need a fuel pressure gauge and it improper mixture fucking up peopls cars and a properly installed wet kit adds the extra fuel so you done need a regulator

I was thinking about getting teh NX Incogneto. It only has a 1.4 pound bottle and I was just going to use the 35 shot. What do ya'll think.

I just sold my edelbrock nitrous kit (50 shot) for $200. I never had a problem with it and it really woke up my D16Y7.

I was being sarcastic in my last post, but if you don't put too big of a shot on your car stock (not built for nitrous) then things will break. My rings started getting pretty bad but I hydrolocked my engine before I could put new ones in so i put a new D16 that I got for free with 28,000 miles.

Basically just think of it like this. If you have nitrous it is a form or forced induction therefore keep the mentally as you would a turbo "too much boost and you will be sitting at home on the weekends or bumming rides"

Back