nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

planning on putting just a small nitrous set up on b18c

just a zex dry kit is what im thinking

what all should be done in preperation for this on a stock motor
should i get colder plugs?

would a small shot be ok to go along with a future turbo?

< 50 shot, you really don't need to do anything.

running colder plugs is not always good. lower gap makes for a "smaller" spark, really. if anything, drop down 1 at most on a small shot, and 2 on a 75 ish shot.

alwyas run 93 octane.
never hit it before 3000 rpms

and i'd say you will be fine

so <50 shot i dont need to anything

and when i get my turbo i dont spray untill over 3000rpms
not sure what your saying on the 93 octane
are you saying that with turbo and nitrous i should run 93 octane for sure and no less
what about just nitrous does it still have to be 93 octane?

also i need to know if i need to retard my timing for a turbo and if so how much or does it depend on boost

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 1 2005, 10:30 PM
< 50 shot, you really don't need to do anything.

running colder plugs is not always good.  lower gap makes for a "smaller" spark, really.  if anything, drop down 1 at most on a small shot, and 2 on a 75 ish shot.

alwyas run 93 octane.
never hit it before 3000 rpms

and i'd say you will be fine
[post=454948]Quoted post[/post]​

Lucky bastards you get 93 octane. We are stuck with 91 here in Cali.
I would say go with a wet kit though, the Zex wet kit.

run wet and dyno tune for afr...
running a dry kit will only let you put the nozzle behind the air filter and thus just cooling the intake charge...
if you run a wet kit you can put the nozzle(s) in the intake manifold and with the correct amount of fuel you will be fine.
IMO the Nos wet kit is a better buy, that zex/venom crap with the computer is bs, the only way to truely be safe is to dyno tune...

Originally posted by wannaberacer@Feb 2 2005, 04:16 PM
running a dry kit will only let you put the nozzle behind the air filter and thus just cooling the intake charge...
if you run a wet kit you can put the nozzle(s) in the intake manifold and with the correct amount of fuel you will be fine.
IMO the Nos wet kit is a better buy, that zex/venom crap with the computer is bs, the only way to truely be safe is to dyno tune...
[post=455333]Quoted post[/post]​

what does everyone else think wet or dry for a stock b18c

wet is the far superior system. there is no question about that.

but for a basic 50 shot, theres really no need to go crazy IMO

the zex kit looks like its the easiest to install but what about the NOS brand or the Nitrous express

what would be the best brand for the price

Originally posted by stedscivic+Feb 2 2005, 06:26 PM-->
wannaberacer
@Feb 2 2005, 04:16 PM
[post=455333]Quoted post[/post]​

what does everyone else think wet or dry for a stock b18c
[post=455398]Quoted post[/post]​

Dry kits blow.

Just get a wet kit - and to be on the supersafe side, use the NX shark nozzle which sprays nawz and fuel out of the same opening!

. . . at least, thats my plan.

Back