Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Integra1990

Correct me if I'm wrong but wet is nitrous mixed with fuel, and dry is nitrous and fuel injected seperatly. Now ive heard arguments for both, but nothing that has made me go either way, tell me ur opinion on which is better for a B18A teg engine. Also what r the best brands other than venom(way too pricey), ive been lookin at zex, bc of its simplicity and lake of solonoids, but im not too sure on how it works. Any talk on nitrous is welcome for this post. thanks

as far as i know here is the breakdown

Direct port- individual nitrous injectors on the intake manifold(1 for each cylinder)

Fogger- one injector on the intake before the throttle body.

??Wet??- one injector on the fuel rail.

i think that is it. not real sure. somebody else?

I run 75 hp with wet 1 fogger NOS system on a STOCK and old b18a with 200000+km.
Never had problem but if you buy a new kit, buy a Nitrous Xpress, better quality overall and I like their big solenoid.
Have fun

look at the new system ZEX has. I think they call it a Air Amplifier system, don't quote me on the name. The air filter has already been tapped with a nozzle and all you have to do is hook up the n2o lines. very simple install. It won best new product at the SEMA show.

I ran a 70 shot "dry" NOS nitrous system w/iridium plugs, retard 2 degrees, and MSD SCI igition system on a B18B1. It worked pretty good, no failures and bugs. you dont have to run iridium, ive heard 2 or 3 degree colder plugs work fine and no need to get an ignition system or retard/advance timing. i was just being "safe".
To compare, my buddy ran a 60 shot ZEX nitrous kit on a D16Y8.. im think dry not sure.. anyway, one of his injector was clogged or something, and one cylinder leaned out and blew his motor.. got pissed and sold the kit..

anyway just my 2 cents.

wet is fuel and no2, dry is just no2. fogger is "injector" for fuel and no2 for each cyl. dry is better for forced induction when placed farther from TB, it cools intake charge more. provided you can also supply additional fuel

Originally posted by cockstronghalfablocklong@Feb 25 2003, 09:07 PM
wet is fuel and no2, dry is just no2. fogger is "injector" for fuel and no2 for each cyl. dry is better for forced induction when placed farther from TB, it cools intake charge more. provided you can also supply additional fuel

not be anal but its n2o no no2, they r two completely dif compounds, one is an ion one isnt

sorry if i am saying something that has been said already in this post.

this is how it breaks down. dry system is just nitrous. wet system is nitrous and fuel. why would nitrous and fuel be better, you might ask. well, the reason is because the way that nitrous works is because it is a combo of nitrogen and oxygen, which seperates during combustion. The nitrogen cools the inside of the combustion chamber(which allows for a denser amount of oxygen) and the extra oxygen aids the combustion process. with a dry system you get all of this extra oxygen but no extra fuel which means that your A/F ratio gets all jacked up, which can result in detonation. now with a wet system you can get a properly tuned A/F ratio. once this is achieved all that yoy must be concerned with is, whether or not your rods and such can handle the extra HP. direct port is goodbecause each combustion chamber gets an equal amount of juice instead of just soraying into the intake and letting the suction of the motor decide where the juice goes.

i think you should go with a custom nitrous setup. it might not be as cheap, but you will definately get your moneys worth. for the love of god, get somebody who knows what they are doing to tune it. i've seen a bunch of people who are pretty sure that they know what they are doing, blow up thier motors. also the spark plug advice that the other guys were saying is good. spark plugs have a secondary function of absorbing heat from the combustion chamber. extra heat from extra power means different plugs

Back