NKG or OBX plug wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SI_nister

I'm about to replace plugs and wires on a '00 civic si. OBX and NKG wire sets cost the about the same, any feedback on whos the best. I hear NKG, but are they worth the extra $10 bucks? And any brand of plugs I should go for?:confused:

NGK Plugs and Sumitomo Wires... OEM FTW!!!
+1. leave it stock until you get over 300hp. i think the 10sechatch's car is stock ignition and it has almost 600hp i think.

if you're really wanna change out the spark plug wires on your car go for the ngk's obx isn't quality stuff, and you don't really need different spark plugs unless you're running a higher compressoin then stock, or forced indcuction, besides the oem ones are ngk spark plugs

my recomendation listen to get_nick cuz hes right your stock ignition system will do you just fine and easily up to and over 300 hp

So is OEM the way to go just because of price? Ebay has NGK's for $51 and no name brands for $38. Does it make a big difference what size wire I use. 9.3, 10, 10.2? And are Iridium plugs worth it as far as performance or time before I have to replace them? I have much to learn in the way of spark plugs.

So is OEM the way to go just because of price? Ebay has NGK's for $51 and no name brands for $38. Does it make a big difference what size wire I use. 9.3, 10, 10.2? And are Iridium plugs worth it as far as performance or time before I have to replace them? I have much to learn in the way of spark plugs.
dude, you aren't listening. stock ignition is enough for 300hp. Do you have more than that? i just said it been shown to provide enough spark for 600hp. stock ignition rocks, not because it's cheap, it's well designed and manufactured.

Dude, the best shizzle to use is Ignition wires and plugs from the Honda dealer, which are NGK plugs and Sumitomo spark plug wires. Don't go no where else...

I hear what your saying getnick. I can't get stock wires locally for less than $65 (and $20 per plug!) MY car's stock besides intake and exhaust, so I'm still under 200hp. Stock plugs are platinum so I'll stick with those, but dealerships couldn't tell me the stock wire diameter. Should I go with the cheapest no name wires that are "oem" regardless of size.

dude, you aren't listening. stock ignition is enough for 300hp. Do you have more than that? i just said it been shown to provide enough spark for 600hp. stock ignition rocks, not because it's cheap, it's well designed and manufactured.

Totally correct!

Honda spends 4585958439303 more hours testing and certifying their products than OBX does. . . . the proof is in the putting.

Dude, the best shizzle to use is Ignition wires and plugs from the Honda dealer, which are NGK plugs and Sumitomo spark plug wires. Don't go no where else...

Yeah but I can get them at damn near half the price online. Money talks.

Back