Nnnaaawwssss In The Intercooler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
I've learned you can use N20 to spool your turbo vai the intercooler. That being said the system would automatically relieve excess pressure thru the gate, right? If this works as well in aplication as it seems to work in my brain (granted sometimes the laws of phisics don't work to good up there), then why isn't it more popular solution to turbo lag? Looking for a bit of a clinic in a response... someone please take me to school!!

:huh:

I have heard of spraying co2 not n20. Nitrous express makes a kit so it sprays on the intercooler. that's why you see a nx solenoid in front of the intercooler on many show and race turbo cars.

sorry slammedteg, just wanted to point out its n02 not n20.. nitrogen dioxide is a poisionous gas that is also a part of smog... but nitrogen monoxide is your NAWZ.. and yeah ive only know and heard of the kit of NX with the solenoid infront of the intercooler.. when you use it, the nitrous sprays directly into your intercooler thus cooling the intake charge (nitrogen in a liquid state is very very cold; you probably knew that) and giving it more oxygen to make a better combustion and cooling your motor that youve punished so badly...

Oh on the Nitrous Express website it says "For supercharged or turbo applications where nitrous is not an option, NX offers another alternative, the “N-tercooler”. Using either nitrous or CO2 this unit can reduce air inlet temperatures dramatically. In a recent dyno test, a turbocharged Honda, equipped with an NX “N-tercooler ”, increased its baseline by an astounding 52 horsepower! If it makes horsepower, it must be Nitrous Express!" So Yeah, N02 or C02, that's where I got my earlier statement.

buy a 40 dollar fire extinguisher. spray your cooler down in the pits.
save $500 bucks + $40 per tank of Nawwwws

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 22 2003, 10:10 PM
sorry slammedteg, just wanted to point out its n02 not n20.. nitrogen dioxide is a poisionous gas that is also a part of smog... but nitrogen monoxide is your NAWZ.. and yeah ive only know and heard of the kit of NX with the solenoid infront of the intercooler.. when you use it, the nitrous sprays directly into your intercooler thus cooling the intake charge (nitrogen in a liquid state is very very cold; you probably knew that) and giving it more oxygen to make a better combustion and cooling your motor that youve punished so badly...

no it is N2O. your right nitrogen dioxide is a poisonous gas but thats NO2

dioxide= 2 oxygen atoms in the molecule, hence NO2

now nitrogen monoxide would just be NO, only one oxygen atom

and N2O is dinitrogen monoxide, or nitrous oxide which = NAWWWZZZ

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 22 2003, 10:10 PM
nitrogen dioxide is a poisionous gas that is also a part of smog... but nitrogen monoxide is your NAWZ

Yo, nitrogen monoxide is the poisonous gas isnt it? ;) Cuz No2 is nitrogen dioxide (one nitrogen atom 2-or die- oxide, an isotope of oxygen) isnt it? :blink:

you guys are running away with the ball here....

What I wanted to know is if you could inject NAWWS into the intercooler as a source of artifical exhaust pressure during turbo lag...

no.
the whole point of that kit is to keep the intercooler cold.

if you want to reduce lag (which is barely shit at all - read the thread entitled "sick and tired of hearing about lag") you need to driectly shoot it in

First; you better hope that n02 isn't a poisonous noxious gas because our atmosphere , and the air we breathe is some 75-80% n02.

Have a n20 injection right before, or after you core actually makes for a slower turbo spool(compared to if you just had a normal n20 setup) because of the INCREASE of inlet pressure. The farther you spray from the IM, the more pressure is built inside the intake tubing, and against the turbo itself.

the only thing you would want to spray before the core, would be some sort of water injection.

our atmosphere isnt 80% no2 dude, thats free nitrogen and oxygen molecules.

Someone correct me if im wrong but wont more back pressure after the turbo make it spool faster? If thats the case, get one of those JCWhitney tail-pipe flapper deallies for four bangers and slap that bizatch on there. Ive heaRd of people hooking noozles on a toggle up to their ww fluid tank and spraying that directly on their intercooler, dont know if it does shit but ive heard of it done. It makes sense but i like the fire extinguisher idea better except for the random chemicals that could get sucked into the intake.

Back