No 5th Or Reverse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamSHIFT

PLUDE
I Have No Fith Gear Or Reverse On My 95 Prelude H22 When I Put It In 5th It Just Throws It Out An It Wont Even Go In R E V Erse Does Any One Know Why...by The Way I Just Swaped The H22 An Put A Fidanza Alum Flywheel An A Couple More Mods

Shifter / cable alignment?
+1
clutch adjustment can have some effect too, but that normally affects all gears and will associate grinding with it.

Shifter cables aren't all that hard to adjust, the ones that I have dealt with. Start there.

i dont think there is any ajustment, u might have to take the trans out and take it apart, 5th gear and reverse share same syncros also there is another gear inside that i saw fell of its place thats for reverse too. most likely u got to take it apart.

i dont think there is any ajustment, u might have to take the trans out and take it apart, 5th gear and reverse share same syncros also there is another gear inside that i saw fell of its place thats for reverse too. most likely u got to take it apart.

Yes there is an adjustment as the H series and F series transmissions use a cable linkage that is adjustable so don't post misinformation if you don't know what you're dealing with.

yes, you should be able to put it in from there.

Just have a friend hold the clutch down, or have something heavy enough to old it down. Having a person hold it down can be faster if you are able to adjust it.

Pretty all the transmissions I deal with there is a noticeable "clunk" when it goes in reverse. But checking to make sure the reverse lights go on as well is a good idea.

yea i tryd it still no fith or rev fuckn sucks

No clue, clutch adjustment can affect the ability to switch gears. double check that if you haven't, but any further than this I have little useful advice if it turns out to be the transmission.

If it doesn't go into gear when you manually move the levers from the engine compartment I'd bet an internal trans failure. You pretty much have to tear it apart and see what's broken in that case, as there isn't a whole lot more troubleshooting you can do from the outside.

i had this same prob. one way to check it if is syncros is to turn the car off and see if you can shift into the gears. i had this problem and i had a bad syncro and had a bent shift fork

yea it seems to go into fifth gear and barely makes that cliking sound when it goes to revers but on throws fith out but havent hade time too take the center counsel out to adjust it...

5th and reverse share the same syncro so you have a bad 5th gear syncro. this is common on the h22 tranny. this has happaned to me. while you are in there you might as well change out the shift forks...they are pretty cheap

:D the prob was the tranny it was a bent fork replace my old one for a jdm lsd m2b4 tranny;)

Wow, I'm impressed that you actually came back and updated your thread from five months ago. Good to hear that your tranny problems are fixed! :thumbsup:

i have a b18a crx swap. the transmission wont go into 5th gear, all of the other gears work fine, and the shifter goes into the 5th gear position, it just acts like its in neutral. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back