No blood for oil pan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uberdog

1. Finding a gsr oil pan, tray, etc. is like finding a dodo bird, apparently.

2. Just wondering if anyone knows if a b16 oil pan, oil pickup and windage tray will work on an LS block for my ls/vtec build?

3. Also, anyone know if the aftermarket block girrdles are a bolt on with the LS block or is an line machining, etc required?

4. Also, I know forged pistons would be better but anyone see longterm reliability problems with pr3 cast? Should they be coated? No nitros or boost planned, but still worried about heat without oil squirters.

i ran pr3 pistons in my lsvtec w/out coating, but a ceramic coating would be good if you find someone to do it, i know the user "calesta" on this forum had this done and can recommend a place.

i used a b16 oil pan, oil pickup and windage tray on my b18a block. i don't know about the block girdle though.

If you have an LS block, it is as easy as going to your local Acura dealership and snooping around back. That is where ours and every other shop throws there blown motors where they sit and rot until the pile is too big to ignore. I believe it was 6 LS engines went to the scrap heap last time. I'm sure they would give you one.

I'm sure they would give you one
:bo: i dunno where your from but no honda/acura dealership just gives things away but thats def a god place to look

Back