no boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

Ok so I installed my garrett turbo on my d16 and the downpipe doesn't fit right but it on for now until I can afford a new one. my question is I'm not getting any boost and actually I stay in vacume according to my gauge but I figure that's where it normally would be. Is this becuase the flange isn't completely on or am i missng something?

not really clear on what youre asking. the no positive pressure sounds like a boost leak to me.

Last edited:
Where did you tap your vac line to? Its possible theres a check valve not allowing you to read boost conditions...ask me how I know this :lol:

Pull the line off of the boost gauge and see if you can suck and blow into it without restriction.

your not going to see boost untill you put you engine under load, unless you have a super small turbo

your not going to see boost untill you put you engine under load, unless you have a super small turbo
which is true...but when i test drove my b16 turbo...and i would get high rpm's...it would only get a little psi...when i got my exhaust completly done (the exhaust hooked up) im getting crazy boost.

you want advice, take the turbo stuff off and put it back to stock, save your money. after reading your other post about still being on the stock injector you probably have alot more items to buy. Things you need, manifold, turbo, downpipe, wastegate, blow off valve, intercooler and piping, larger injectors like 450dsms, resistor box, boost controller, oil feed and return lines and fittings, walbro 255 fuel pump, obd1 p28 chipped at least street tuned for your setup, at least a stage 2 clutch, high flow cat, catback exhaust

Back