No cat.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fastaccord

If you do not have a catalytic converter and get pulled by the cops is it just a fine for illegal exhaust or is it a bigger crime than that?

Peace*

in Cali they give you a fine and a fix-it ticket. they might even make you get your car reff'ed. depends on the cop that pulls you over.

I figured it was a little bigger than an "illegal exhaust" ticket. I just purchased a CRX Si and did a D16Z6 swap on it and it does not have a cat on it.

Peace*

Get a cat. You probably won't get caught but the 1-2 hp that you might see are not worth removing the cat over.

i'm glad i dont live in cali. there's no fine here (az), u just wont pass emissions without one

YeaH, IF YOU LIVE IN CALI, THEY'LL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF AND HAND THEM TO YOU FOR NOT HAVING A CAT. California's emissions standards are 10 time more stringent than that of the federal government. Catylitic converters are good, they clean up the environment, and they keep the noise level down on your exhaust, so it doesn't sound like a fucking fart pipe

saturn_boy96 Posted on Jul 25 2003, 02:10 PM
yeah its a federal offense, just like taking out your seat belts and air bags is too.

If removing your airbags is a federal offense then how is it legal to put an aftermarket steering wheel on a car that has an airbag in it?

Try rephrasing that, I can't understand what you are asking.

Removing ones airbags on a car that came equipped with them is a federal offense which makes it illegal. When you install an aftermarket steering wheel you lose the airbag. Unless you meant an aftermarket steering wheel that contains an airbag...

Originally posted by KyleCrews@Jul 25 2003, 07:23 PM
If removing your airbags is a federal offense then how is it legal to put an aftermarket steering wheel on a car that has an airbag in it?

technicaly its not

I think the fine in florida was 5grand, not sure on that but I don't run it since we don't have any emissions anymore,,, :)

Milan

if the cop get down on his hands and knees to check?
Cant see a cop doing that unless youve been a dick and hes out to get you ?

the fine for not having a catalytic converter can be as much as $2,500! and it IS a federal offense.

yeah this is what i meant.

no catalytic converter on a car that had one= FEDERAL OFFENSE
no air bag on a car that had one=FEDERAL OFFENSE
no seat belts in a car that had them=FEDERAL OFFENSE

any of these will net you a ticket and a large fine.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jul 26 2003, 03:40 PM
yeah this is what i meant.

no catalytic converter on a car that had one= FEDERAL OFFENSE
no air bag on a car that had one=FEDERAL OFFENSE
no seat belts in a car that had them=FEDERAL OFFENSE

any of these will net you a ticket and a large fine.

Exactly.

I need some advice.. my car was stolen and they cut the steering wheel to remove the club. I was just gonna buy an aftermarket non-airbag wheel to replace it. this legal or what should i put on?

Also. I took my back seat out of my hatch. Is it a problem if i take the back seatbelts out too?

With the cat..I can see needing it for inspection but what cop will actually check/knows where it is? but I am from MA so I dont know how bad cops are in cali.

rear seats are fine to remove (as long as you dont try to stick anyone back there)
the non-airbag wheel is illegal if your car was equiped with an airbag.... you most likely wont get fucked with for it.... you will not pass inspection though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back