1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no coolant temp signal

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by DelSlo, Jan 29, 2005.

1. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

hey guys, ok so like ive said before i swapped in my b16 a2 into my little sol. it runs mint, everything seems to be ok except that i have no reading on my cooland guage even when the engine is hot..

so here is the scenario for thos who havent heard it.... i used my obd 1 d series harness with the swap and converted the motor to obd 1, (i.e dizzy injectors and alternator) now i plugged in every connector from the d series harness except the evap purge solenoid on the top of the intake. there is one sensor on the back of the block, right near the knock sensor, and i have no connector on my d series harness for it. so naturally i left it, any idea what this sensor is? i thought the coolant temp sensor was the one that goes into the head under the v tech solenoid...

one guy told me that there is a coolant sensor for the computer and one for the guage... not sure how true this guys statements are so i thought id ask you guys? so is there two sensors or whats the deal? :)

2. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

no there is only one sensore it is right under the vtec sil and there should be a green plug there if it is not working then you might need a new sensor take it off your d series i think it is on the housing for the therm. and just switch them my boy had to do that and it worked just fine. and to answer your question about the two sensors i am not sure of that only because there is only one ECT.

3. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

thanx for clearing that up man. ill try that and get back to ya, as for the other sensor on the back of the block... any clue what that is? if i had to geuss id be guessin an oil pressure sensor..but i dont have a connector for it on my d series harness. hmm maybe its an obd thing.

4. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

do you have an oil light on? because i did and i plugged it in it is on the block almost by the head and it worked

5. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

nope, no oil light on, but quick question... is the coolant temp sensor a two prong sensor or is it a single wire cause if it is a single wire its not plugged in, and the connector for it is behind the block, so id have to cut it, solder and extend it back to the front..... im just about to take her for a boot! got the tranny linkage all hooked up today, just tying up a few loose ends..

6. rcoolb2002

rcoolb2002 Member

My guess would have to be a knock sensor. Its a single wire black colored sensor located at the very top of the block underneath of the intake manifold.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted