no dash lights soconfused (2000 civic si)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol_racer

ok well i picked up this 2000 civic si last saturday and it had 2 misfired in 1 and 3
so i did a full tune up till didnt fix it.
compression test #4:200 #3: 175 #2: 115 and #1: 000
so i bought a master rebuild kit skunk2 stage 2 cams and gears tyep R valves stainless steel springs retainers and all tha good fun stuff

then i drove it at night and relized that there were no dash lights.
so i cheked the fuses all good under dash and under hood
then i checked tha cluster gauge and no power. so i went to the dimmer switch and had power both in and out. i did an ohm test on tha switch and tha ohmes stayed tha samw as i rolled tha switch.????? then i cheked tha radio cuz it has a difftent radio in it. then i found that i have a red/black and a red wire that goes no where and on a wiring digram (that really dosent tell me anything) thoes wires go to the cluster gauge so does anyone know where i need to run them? (i tried running them together and nothing and i tried grounding one of them out and nothing)
and what else could be the prolbem?

the red with the black tracer is the dimmer for the stock stereo, cap it off you don't need it. sounds to me as though the dimmer switch is fubar. does the voltage change at all as you roll the switch? it is very common on hondas for the dimmer switch to just up and die when someone puts in an aftermarket deck and doesn't hook every thing up right. try testing the switch again and it is most likely the culprit.

the voltage dosent change when i tested it but also i ran a wire just over the dimmer would that make it work? just cut the switch out of the system?

those wires wires prolly grounded and shorted the dash somehow. take the dash off and hook up power directly to see if the dash lights are still good.They should since it would be weird if all of them went out at once. With the dash off start running test o the harness to see which wires dont have power. Looks to me like the previous radio installer fried something of just hooked up something wrong. Did they cut the wires or they buy a harness?

Back