No diff after Quaife LSD and Findaza

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Purchased a Kaaz LSD unit and traded for a Quaife LSD instead because of maintances requires by the Kaaz LSD. Have a performance shop do the installation plus a new Findaza 8lbs flywheel. drove the car for about 50 miles now. The car feels heavier due to the lsd unit compare to the stock nonlsd unit. havent abused the car pass 4k RPM. there is no break in process require, but just want to be on the safe side. But driving nomally as usual under 3K, I feel like the car is slower and heavier. I think this is because of both tires spend compares to one tire(and this doesnt make any sense since both tires spend I should feel lighter). But I definately feel no different with these two mods. I plan to hit the track this 30th of this month which is the next comming weaken. mods that I have new are lsd, flywheel, 215/60/14 street slick and a new carbon fiber hood for reducing weight. I currently ran 14.2 at 99mph on the track. with these new mods, I hope to break 14 into the mid to high 13s.

all of my passes at the track, I never redlight, always like 1.xxx RT. people told me to go for on the second yellow light, and this is what I plan to do this coming race. any suggestions......? thanks

First off, why is this in the swap tech section? Second, you car feels slow? I don't know amybe this has something to do with it...215/60/14, just maybe. A LSD isn't goingt o doi you any good, or make a difference driving normallu under 3000rpms, it is there so when you start driving spiritedly and need the extra control, you'll have it, tires don't slip at 3K.

I would recomend 195/50R15 tires for your setup. Just get some sticky tires and you'll do better. Just gotta rework you launching method so you have minimal tire spin. This was my tire setup when I was running my 14.5 runs.

Edit> I meant street tires, not sure what to get for slicks but somthing similar too.

Your car may feel heavier because you have a lighter flywheel. It takes more clutch action to get rolling and you dont spring off the line quite the same as the stock 99,000 pound flywheel.. BUT, on the flip side, you have increased your rotating mass with your quaife, because now you have to spin both wheels instead of one.. meaning your engine isn't spinning up like it used to (only spinning one wheel).. So between the two, of course your car will feel heavier and a little sluggish. But its fine. The track numbers won't lie. As long as you get a good launch on that little flywheel, and work your clutch right, you'll be grinning from ear to ear...

Stright from his sig.
96 cx hb with 98 JDM GSR, IB probe 12:3:1 7.1cc pistons, IB ultralite rods, skunk2 stage2 camshafts, valves, springs, retainers, cam gears, skun2 intake manifold, Eldelbrock 65mm throttle body, 4-2-1 DC, Quaife LSD, Findaza flywheel, Fsudo cat back with OBX high flow cat, a valve job with light port and polish, hodata s200, walbro 190 fuel pump, RC370cc injectors, and AEM fuel rail & regulator, NGK spark plug wire.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jul 23 2005, 02:48 PM
Stright from his sig.
96 cx hb with 98 JDM GSR, IB probe 12:3:1 7.1cc pistons, IB ultralite rods, skunk2 stage2 camshafts, valves, springs, retainers, cam gears, skun2 intake manifold, Eldelbrock 65mm throttle body, 4-2-1 DC, Quaife LSD, Findaza flywheel, Fsudo cat back with OBX high flow cat, a valve job with light port and polish, hodata s200, walbro 190 fuel pump, RC370cc injectors, and AEM fuel rail & regulator, NGK spark plug wire.
[post=530233]Quoted post[/post]​

You have all those mods on a HB and you only run a 14.2???????????????
Sorry to change the subject but SHIT mang. I have a friend who had a Civic coupe with half of those mods and he was running 13.7 on 17" street tires.
Am I crazy here or WTF??????????

I only ran best 14.2 without the lsd and flywheel but there is no excuses due to the mods that I have. I should be running in the high to mid 13s. hopefully with the lsd, fidanza flywheel and the street slick tires I will get all the grip I need and hit mid 13s. I will keep you guys update on how iam doing this comming weekend. thanks for all the commants

Originally posted by Teambypass@Jul 24 2005, 12:01 PM
I only ran best 14.2 without the lsd and flywheel but there is no excuses due to the mods that I have. I should be running in the high to mid 13s. hopefully with the lsd, fidanza flywheel and the street slick tires I will get all the grip I need and hit mid 13s. I will keep you guys update on how iam doing this comming weekend. thanks for all the commants
[post=530448]Quoted post[/post]​

You should be in the 12's yo.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Jul 23 2005, 05:25 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@Jul 23 2005, 02:48 PM
Stright from his sig.
[post=530233]Quoted post[/post]​

You have all those mods on a HB and you only run a 14.2???????????????
Sorry to change the subject but SHIT mang. I have a friend who had a Civic coupe with half of those mods and he was running 13.7 on 17" street tires.
Am I crazy here or WTF??????????
[post=530243]Quoted post[/post]​

:D That's me. :D

:woo:

edit - yeah, i just re-read his setup..... kinda dubious if ya ask me. Some of you old skoolers may remember Canek, well he was running less compression with less cam and he put down 206 to the wheel. and his fucking hatch went 12.7 all day long like it was it's job. I saw this with my own eyes. What this all boils down to is..... I'm afraid I'm going to have to call your setup a lie, or you are the worst fucking driver in the history of the fast and furious generation. Take your pick. :p

Back