no fuel no spark vtec d15b swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys update; cleaned up my connections for the sensors and i aint getting any cel codes from the ecu but i am loosing pressure slowly when i on the ignition, i have gas in the tank buts its not much like a lil less than a gallon and i havent tried starting the car yet, should the pressure drop if there isnt much gas in the tank?

Not sure....but I do know pressue is lower with key at "on" posistion and motor not running versus when the motor is running.

kk well from the data from my gauge is like 38psi den it drops down slowly as ign is on to around 25psi

So you think you are lossing pressure? If so....might be leaking somewhere?

What the gauge says when nothing is on doesn't seem to be as relevant to me

My psi is set at 52 in my kswap but not sure what stock is suppose to be

Yours might be set to 25psi

mine stock suppose to b 38psi and i trying to trace it to a leak but i aint getting showing and i jus replaced my o rings on my injectors i will attempt to start tomorrow and i will update this thread

Yeah.....I had to wait to set my PSI once the car was running. I set it to 52 with key in on position/fuel pump on and it was lower when it started running so I adjusted it while it warmed up

Test the fuel pressure regulator. That's as simple as pulling the vacuum line off of it with the engine at idle and watching the pressure change.

update status...i attempted to start the motor couple mins ago and it backfired from the intake manifold, i literally saw a lil fire coming out the throttle body, idk what to do now anyone can help

update guys :( my firing order is correct, i have a non vtec dizzy cuz i didnt get the vtec motor with one, am thinking bout advancing it and see if it solves the prob any suggestions

Advancing the distributor with relation the intake cam isn't going to produce spark. Does it have spark now?

The dizzy is what? OBD1? What about the ECU? If the ECU is OBD0 it will not work with an OBD1 dizzy because the indexing pulses have a different count. They went from something like 25 pulses per revolution on the OBD1 stuff to ~40 pulses pre revolution on the OBD1 to give the suystem higher accuracy via higher resolution.

yea am getting spark and am using a obd0 non vtec dizzy till i get the td-42u vtec dizzy and am still using the pp4 obd0 ecu cuz i using the im from my d16a7

yea it has fuel pressure but it slowly drops and i traced the probs back to my washers on my fuel filter hoses so am going to get sum new ones tomorrow,yo bro this is getting to me cuz my boy sold me this engine and guranteed me it was in working condition cuz he rebuilt it and took it out from his ef since he got hit from the back

I have same issue

I have same exact issue with my 2001 honda civic ex. I swapped engine, fuel pump sounded when in on position, fuel in fuel rails, engine ran normally.

I don't remember how many ground wires they are. I know I have battery ground to body to transition on. I also have short thermostat ground wire that goes to wire harness. And I have ground from thermostat to frame above radiator. Are there any other grounds I am missing?

So I tried starting up car after I swapped engine, Drive light blinks 2x and then goes out. Engine turns, but doesn't't start. I don't hear fuel pump. I pulled fuel rail hose off, no fuel. I then checked for spark, no spark.

Then, I thought it could be the ECU. So I just pulled ecu out and looked at the board and it looks normal, nothing burned or melted. I made an offer for $50 to buy it, I hope he doesn't accept my offer now seeing the ecu is fine.

If someone could show me picture of where the grounds are? I am lost for what to do next.

I have same issue

I have same exact issue with my 2001 honda civic ex. I swapped engine, fuel pump sounded when in on position, fuel in fuel rails, engine ran normally.

I don't remember how many ground wires they are. I know I have battery ground to body to transition on. I also have short thermostat ground wire that goes to wire harness. And I have ground from thermostat to frame above radiator. Are there any other grounds I am missing?

So I tried starting up car after I swapped engine, Drive light blinks 2x and then goes out. Engine turns, but doesn't't start. I don't hear fuel pump. I pulled fuel rail hose off, no fuel. I then checked for spark, no spark.

Then, I thought it could be the ECU. So I just pulled ecu out and looked at the board and it looks normal, nothing burned or melted. I made an offer for $50 to buy it, I hope he doesn't accept my offer now seeing the ecu is fine.

If someone could show me picture of where the grounds are? I am lost for what to do next.

Thanks

I did have one code, but it was knock sensor. I forgot to plug it in. Nothing has changed since I plugged it in. I have 1.7L vetc sohc

I did have one code, but it was knock sensor. I forgot to plug it in. Nothing has changed since I plugged it in. I have 1.7L vetc sohc
Start your own thread. One car per thread. :)

Back