no fuel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

qtmac_mien

i tried to start my motor today and it cranks but its not turning over. i took off the fuel line to see if there was fuel is there is no fuel comming out. also the other thing is my fuel pump relay is making a vibrating pulsating sound, so im thinking that my fuel pump relay is working. can the problem be my fuel pump?

turn the key to 'on', but don't crank it. go take the banjo bolt off your fuel filter, and see if you're getting fuel pressure. Yes, I realize that you said you took off your fuel line and there was no fuel, but I'm not sure if you're talking about the fuel return line or the line from the filter to the fuel rail. If you don't have fuel pressure to the fuel filter, pop off the fuel pump cover under your backseat and jump the fuelpump with a wire to the battery. You should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on. If it does, check all your fuses. If all the fuses are good and your fuel pump turns on when you jump it, your main relay is bad.

However, if the fuel pump does NOT turn on when you jump it from the battery, your fuel pump is K.I.A. and you need a new one

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 25 2005, 04:56 PM
turn the key to 'on', but don't crank it. go take the banjo bolt off your fuel filter, and see if you're getting fuel pressure. Yes, I realize that you said you took off your fuel line and there was no fuel, but I'm not sure if you're talking about the fuel return line or the line from the filter to the fuel rail. If you don't have fuel pressure to the fuel filter, pop off the fuel pump cover under your backseat and jump the fuelpump with a wire to the battery. You should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on. If it does, check all your fuses. If all the fuses are good and your fuel pump turns on when you jump it, your main relay is bad.

However, if the fuel pump does NOT turn on when you jump it from the battery, your fuel pump is K.I.A. and you need a new one
[post=451253]Quoted post[/post]​

i took off the fuel line from the fuel pump to the fuel rail and cranked it but no fuel was comming out...tried the turn it to ON postion also but no fuel was comming out.. my fuel pump was is also makin a weird sound...i dont have a fuel pressure gauge so i cant check to see if i have pressure or not...if i jump it, which color wire do i jump it from?

Uh....yellow/black, I believe....

And if you had fuel pressure there'd be fuel squirting out of the fuel line.

Also, I forgot to mention that when you jump the fuel pump, you should have a friend check to see if gas comes squirting out of the fuel line....If the pump makes noise and theres no fuel when you jump it, the pump is dead....

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 25 2005, 05:16 PM
Uh....yellow/black, I believe....

And if you had fuel pressure there'd be fuel squirting out of the fuel line.

Also, I forgot to mention that when you jump the fuel pump, you should have a friend check to see if gas comes squirting out of the fuel line....If the pump makes noise and theres no fuel when you jump it, the pump is dead....
[post=451275]Quoted post[/post]​

i just jumped it and there is fuel pumping out..so the fuel pump is good rite? im guessin the wire from the pump (+) to the fuel pump relay is shorted somewhere.. what else should i do?

Back