no heat in the hatch???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16ahatch

Well for some reason my heat isint working any more. i tried adjusting the heater valve on the firewall but that didint do shit, im thinking the valve is broken andisint letting any coolant flow through.Canyou guys think of anything else that i could be?maybe the heater core?

is the car overheating? if it is then you have a radiator, coolant, thermostat problem. i.e. something more serious than heating the cabin.

no the car dosent over heat and the blower works but just not hot air, only cold

check your coolant levels, if you run out of engine coolant your heater won't work. after that keep an eye on your coolant in case you lose a lot you might have a blown headgasket

Does the car not heat up enough? If your cars not hot, then you dont have heat. If that is the case, replace your thermostat.

Is there steam/fog coming out of your vents when you turn the heat on? If so, then your heater core is bad (happens alot with ford 5.0, never heard of it on hondas but its possible)

Check your thermostat. My car overheated like mad last year, summertime. I was driving then I hear a loud pop sound. The temp level went back to normal. Didn't think much of it. Then when winter came I was mother fucking my heater for all it was worth. I flushed the coolant system a couple months ago and the thermostat was blown to bits. Your car sounds like what my car was doing (NOT doing...), hope this helps.

it dosent overheat, the vents dont steam and my head gasket def isint blown. i always check my fluids pretty much every day and coolant levels are fine. This ones gotme stumped :blink:

definately replace your thermostat. itll run you 15 bucks at most, and its a 20 minute job.

how do u adjust the heat through the firewall? my knob on my climate control wont turn any more :( so now i'm stuck on cold.

Good thing I came around to tell you that your heater core is bad and to save you from buying all this garbage!! The heater core looks like a little radiator.. if its bad it wont give you hot air.. just the nice cold air your enjoying now!! You may also notice a wet spot on your carpet on the passenger side.! Go to autozone and get a new one! they are kind of a pain to put in to have fun!! Notice the two coolant lines that attach to your fire wall.. they are going into your heater core! Let me know what you find buddy

i agree 100% with the laste guy. check the carpet to see if its damp, and if yes then its the heater core if not then i still think its the heater core

Originally posted by UDT@Oct 29 2003, 12:54 AM
i agree 100% with the laste guy. check the carpet to see if its damp, and if yes then its the heater core if not then i still think its the heater core

yeah the carpet may not be wet.. but its your heater core.. trust me I live in wisconsin and have had to put many in my cars.. If the carpets wet it means its rotted out.. if its not it just may not be that bad or its pluged

Deffinatly the Heater Core. The two hoses going in the center of the fire wall. That is it! Just go get another one at the auto parts place and get ready to remove the hole dash.

Good Luck!

I'm with the last couple of guys.....I drove around a 90 civ zc last winter with either a clogged or bad heater core and it was f'ing cold. I only live in St. Louis which isn't nearly as bad as Wisconsin but like the other guys said.....do the heater core FIRST!!! I replaced the thermostat, checked all my switches and connections, flushed my coolant, etc. and it didn't do squat.

Try this:...Drive your car around for about 20 to 30 min with the heater OFF. After that, turn it on high and if it blows out just a little bit of heat it's your heater core. That little bit of heat is the heat coming off the motor rather than the heater core, and it doesn't last long, that's how I figured out it was the core. Makes for some damn cold trips though.....Good luck and keep us posted........

Back