no heat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys, I just changed my thermostat because I wasn't getting any heat and the bottom hose was cold. so I took it for a quick ride, street and highway and it's only blowing like room temp air. I opened the hood and and the hose is still cold and there is no pressure. I know I put it in right.

what do you guys think the problem is?

thanks

I don't think so, I filled it up the radiator up to the top. and for the first time in a while my temp gauge stayed right where it was supposed to.

I don't think there is a hole in the hose because I don't hear any hissing or see any leaks. At first I thought maybe it was a blockage some how in the hose but when I took it off anti-freeze came out so there goes that idea

i remember there being a coolant / air bleeder screw on the head of my d15b2... do you have one?

the air bleed is in the fitting that the upper rad hose connects to the head with. try bleeding the cooling system and than take it for a drive. If you still have no heat after a drive check the heater hoses to see if they are hot. You may have a problem with the heater control valve but my guess is air in the system.

alright so I found it, I let my car warm up, bled it and nothing but juice came out which is good I guess. but after having it running for about 10 minutes or so just for ha-ha's I took off the radiator cap and nothing, so I don't think I have any pressure

alright good update. I got a new cap and now I have pressure in my lower hose but it's still cold so I think I may need to bleed it more.

Dumb question but when you bleed the system the car has to be on correct?

you can bleed it with the car on yes.just break the bleeder valve loose and and as long as your getting pure antifreeze/water your good but it has always worked better for me to keep the valve open and keep topping off the radiator whilst doing it.i had the same exact problem after changing my thermostat.also next time i would use just water when bleeding it that way your not wasting antifreeze.

You're doing it wrong! lol, seriously though. Not enough coolant in the system; fill through the upper hose and then fill the radiator. If you pay attention, you'd notice that everytime you fill the radiator; it'll drain slowly...that's because it's slowly filling the water jacket.

Last edited:
Back