No honda but ford

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Prowler@Aug 5 2003, 11:54 PM
stagnet > hondaswap

oh, staNgnet.....

i should ban you for saying that

Originally posted by civicious@Aug 5 2003, 02:32 PM
sell it and use the $$$ to buy an '88 CRX and get a B18C dropped in it. but thats just me.

GT-TT is my user ID on Corral.net. ;)

TBird Turbo Coupes, SVT Stangs, as well as Merkur Xr4ti's all had the same boosted 2300cc 4-banger

I rocked a Tbird turbo coupe last summer for about 2 weeks till the turbo popped.

Originally posted by ahedau@Aug 6 2003, 12:28 AM
TBird Turbo Coupes, SVT Stangs, as well as Merkur Xr4ti's all had the same boosted 2300cc 4-banger

Those were SVO Mustang's. Not SVT. SVT did not exist until 1993 with the release of the 1993 Cobra, and the planning of the 94-95 Lightning. Also the SVO model of Mustang went south after 1986.

2300cc turbo:
Turbo Coupe T-Bird's (82ish - 88ish)
Mustang SVO (82ish-86)
Merkur XR4TI (God knows)

3.8L Supercharged:
Thunderbird SC (90-93)

the only ford i've ever "rocked" was a 92 Ford Aerostar..... :p
i beat a 00 civic ex with it though.....lol

Those were SVO Mustang's.

yeppers. I had an '86 and should've remembered but, hell, that was in the 80's.

I went from an '86 SVO (which was "rocked" on more than one occassion w/ the back seats laid down) to an '80 straight 6. I thought I was going to drop in a 5.0 but then went to college and all hell broke loose.

As far as I know that '80 stang is still in an impound lot in Statesboro, GA :unsure:

Wow. I never knew a Fox Chassis Mustang had an inline 6 in it... How was the radiator clearance? Did it have a belt driven fan, or electric fan?

I'm thinking of a different kind of inline 6 to go into my Mustang soon enough.. Details will come when I get the motor and stuff together, and pics start streaming in. ;)

ahh i remember my first car, it was a honda, i had tobringa battery and go to O'Reillys and buy a distributer cap to start it and drive it home, but for 200 bucks you cant complain.

Originally posted by B16+Aug 5 2003, 03:40 PM-->
preluderjs
@Aug 5 2003, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty much in the same place as edricklongtail. I'm 17 and for the longest time, I wanted to get an EK hatch and drop in a B18C5 (still want it) but my parents would pay for it and werent willing to play around w/ swapping engines. So instead of a Honda I got a 00 VW GTI w/ the 1.8T cuz finding a decent prelude is damn near impossible in San Diego. Im happy w/ it even though the engine is pretty sad from the factory :( . Hopefully I'll have a EG hatch before i graduate college. Honda is still by far my fav car company. :thumbsup:

hey, you have a turbo tho, turn up the boost! :)

Yea, I'd like to, but I wanna get a new intercooler cuz the stock one is tiny and easy to heatsoak...... and thats a lot of $$. Plus the boost controller itself isnt cheap, then theres the boost guage. I'm so broke and im still building my excessive sound system that I regret starting. ehhh... o well.

Back