1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Idea What This Motor Is?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by TurboCivic, Oct 21, 2003.

1. TurboCivic

TurboCivic 468fwhp B21 on 22 psi...

Alright for much as i know of this motor it is a DOHC 1.6L D-series. There is no engine code on the front, it has a external coil distribor, has a small square looking intake manifold. And has something where vtec is on B series. It has like a box looking thing. I bought block and head for $30. So its no lose, i jsut got it and havnt tooken it apart, supposly it has s spun bearing. So again no lose. If anyone knows anyhting about this motor please tell me. The guy said it is a unbadged ZC/SiR and it has "old school vtec" what ever but that kool, plus he broke the dist. so i cant find any of those, Thanks for any help you can give me. thanks

2. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

if its a 1.6 DOHC D series, then it's either a ZC or early Integra motor. Probably a Teg motor

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

it is a 86-87 integra D16A1 - the identification should be on the top of the block, right next to the transmission, just above the starter and below the distributor - the "thing like a VTEC switch" is the EGR valve and is not "old school VTEC" - it is 113hp and will not bolt into a 2nd gen CRX or 4th gen Civic, but will bolt into a 1st gen CRX - the distributor for that engine has a vacuum advance for the timing - unless you have 1st gen integra or CRX, it isn't worth fooling with

4. TurboCivic

TurboCivic 468fwhp B21 on 22 psi...

so it wont fit in a ef hb, why not? It is a d-series, and there is no spot for engine code. It has nuttin on it for engien code. Ill take a closer look later today and take some pictures. thanks. I want to know why it wont fit in my my car? 91 Civic HB thanks

5. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

d16a1 wont fit because the mounts are located differently.

6. civichbwithb18a1

civichbwithb18a1 Member

it will fit with a custom drivers side mount 88 91 tranny only four blots plus a starter bolt but many of people do this swap so dont say it cant be doneyou can have you car wired to use an 88-91 si distributor and get rid of the external whatever the f*** it is.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted