No Idea What This Motor Is?!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboCivic

468fwhp B21 on 22 psi...
Alright for much as i know of this motor it is a DOHC 1.6L D-series. There is no engine code on the front, it has a external coil distribor, has a small square looking intake manifold. And has something where vtec is on B series. It has like a box looking thing. I bought block and head for $30. So its no lose, i jsut got it and havnt tooken it apart, supposly it has s spun bearing. So again no lose. If anyone knows anyhting about this motor please tell me. The guy said it is a unbadged ZC/SiR and it has "old school vtec" what ever but that kool, plus he broke the dist. so i cant find any of those, Thanks for any help you can give me. thanks

it is a 86-87 integra D16A1 - the identification should be on the top of the block, right next to the transmission, just above the starter and below the distributor - the "thing like a VTEC switch" is the EGR valve and is not "old school VTEC" - it is 113hp and will not bolt into a 2nd gen CRX or 4th gen Civic, but will bolt into a 1st gen CRX - the distributor for that engine has a vacuum advance for the timing - unless you have 1st gen integra or CRX, it isn't worth fooling with

so it wont fit in a ef hb, why not? It is a d-series, and there is no spot for engine code. It has nuttin on it for engien code. Ill take a closer look later today and take some pictures. thanks. I want to know why it wont fit in my my car? 91 Civic HB thanks

it will fit with a custom drivers side mount 88 91 tranny only four blots plus a starter bolt but many of people do this swap so dont say it cant be doneyou can have you car wired to use an 88-91 si distributor and get rid of the external whatever the f*** it is.

Back