1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more check engine light..buuuut

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 90AccordCDN, Sep 24, 2007.

1. 90AccordCDN

90AccordCDN New Member

So I was having problems with my car, the flexpipe was all mangled so I needed to replace it.

I take it into Midas (big mistake) for an estimate, which I guess to them means they try to fix it and they break my O2 Sensor :p

Anyway I buy the parts off ebay (i know, i know don't say it) and I get a deal on headers too. Turned out to be A LOT cheaper then having the shop do it.

So I install everything myself and the car runs great! No engine lights or anything.

Problem is, the gasket I received is useless (the one from the header to the pipe), I burnt it out in 2 days and now the car sounds really throaty. I have used silicon but the problem persists after a day or so.

Anyone know a way around this? If I wanted my car to make unnecessary noise I would have put a fart cannon on it. ^_^

2. cbr2car

cbr2car New Member

in that situation id try using exhaust paste on the sealing surfaces, but if there is too much of a gap and vibes that wont last long.
    you can also cut up an exhaust bandage into a gasket shape and use that and exhaust paste, or try some high temperature silicone.

hth

3. heartagram85

heartagram85 New Member

use a quality gasket....and make sure you torque the bolts correctly
    Also start it up so the gaskets can warm up then re-torque the bolts
    Then the gasket will seat properly

4. 90AccordCDN

90AccordCDN New Member

Yeah I took it into a shop and they gooped it up, that didnt last long either. Went and bought a good gasket, just need the exhaust goo. And with any luck the exhaust wont rattle anymore either.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted