No More Corvette

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vhawwwdrake

The old Man
Our family (2 sons and I) love cars. When my son turned 16 i bought him a CRX and for his senior project we did a motor\tranny swap on it etc. About a year later I bought a 80 vette. When his little CRX smoked my Corvette I was obviously both surprised (ya think) and very curious at the same time. Over the next couple years he convinced me that the old saying 'no replacement for displacement' was a myth of by gone days. So last week I sold my Corvette and bought a 94 Canadian model Civic EX and me and the boys are planning out what\how to build it to replace my beloved old American toy. There is enough info in this site to keep me busy for a long time. Thanks to all who post.

my 84 Vette walked all over my built (EW4 - original engine worked) 87 CRX. Only my CRX got 40 mpg without trying.

Hondas are just like any other car. You build them and swap just the same - The thing that makes Honda swaps easy is the routinely common under-hood areas in the chassis and the compact size of the motors. I've seen V8s in Chevettes, but not with the hoods closed (Or even installed). Just like a motor swap on the Honda is easiest among the modern cars, it's also easy to drop a V8 into a Monza with the stock hood closed.

I'm surprised that as a Corvette owner you're letting the little honda get to you.

cool. Good luck with the project. there's plenty of info and memebrs here to help you along the way :)

Corvettes are awfully heavy cars....I recently walked into an Autozone where a vette with a vanity (thats redundant) plate something like 1fastvet. I asked how fast? He says with a self important sneer.."fast enough" A guy behind the counter who knows my car suggested he race. When he heard I had a swapped civic, he says he doesnt "waste his time" with Civics. Apparently power to weight ratios mean nothing when you have a magic Corvette.

Ignorant buy-american owners have driven me forever from post 1969 american cars.

Whats up old man, its Jeramy. Glad you finally found hondaswap. And also my car only beat you though the corners, you could find a straight long enough to build enough speed. What totalburnout said was pretty much the build I had in mind but im doin more research.

Hi Son! I've been going to get in here since the day i bought the car. just haven't had time. There is SO much info, OMG!

shoot, we godda da daddies and der sons on here now!

ha! i didn't even get the connection- drake in the name.

father-son potato sack races in a colple months... lol

shoot, my dad drives a corolla, time to convince him to get a civic and swap it. lol. I got a couple engines worth of parts sitting in his garage, why not make a father son thing out of it. :)

Idaho = Potato sack races

Washington = Onion sack races

And my swap was 9x harder than your swap is gonna be.

i had a buddy whos dad had a 69 corvette...it was badass...but he got rid of it and got a miata...i must say i liked the vette better than the miata...but o well

meh most of the 80s corvettes sucked donky balls. I use to piss off corvette owners with my swaped B16 DX civic.

Civic DX, B16, LS tranny, and a cheap exhuaast and ebay intake. everything else stock.

I believe the earily 80s covettes had all of 205hp stock. yay....

Whys that B? You got some thing to hide?

not hide... i dunno... i wouldn't be posting 1/4 of the stuff i do, thats for sure.

i can link to many example threads. lol

Back