No more drinking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Yup. Been blacking out. At work, at home, driving around....

I've been drunk every day for the past couplea months. I didn't drink on Tuesday, last night, or tonite. Think I'm gonna try to stop for good. Blackouts are scary.

:blink:

I can't see why people can't enjoy 1 or 2 beers at a time. Why the hell does it always have to be 10+ ? Hangovers suck and being drunk is way overrated.

Werd, i drink often, but rarely get drunk. i enjoy having a few. i rarely even get buzzed, cause it takes like 5 or 6 to get a decent buzz for me. but yea having 1 or 2 at night is good enough for me

ihad 2 shots of mr boston vodka and a shot of yagermeister in 10 minutes. fun stuff. :)

this was ~30 mins ago. add 10 jello shots and im feeling pretty good.

drinking not to even get a buzz is dumb in my mind. drink water or juice or something else, its cheaper. then again im a college kid and money is an issue, plus being drunk is simply part of life. and im at like 8 for a decent buzz and like 12-15 to be drunk. i remember i funneled 2 beers and did 6 shots in ten minutes like a month ago. i did it so fast i wasnt even buzzed after the last shot...i waited til it hit me and started drinking again.

Getting a buzz and getting drunk are two different things. 3-4 beers and I'm pretty relaxed. That's the whole reason for me to drink. Any more and it's just a waste of money and your liver. And some people actually like alcohol for the taste, in addition to the affect.

I drink to get drunk.

Sometimes having a couple is fun, sometimes having a bunch is better, but you pay. I'm too busy to be hung over most of the time. So I have to catch a nice buzz and let it wear down a bit before crashing.

I also don't drink during the week as a rule, and I haven't drank near as much on the weekends as I used to. Most people grow out of the getting drunk at every chance.

Originally posted by tab@Mar 11 2005, 01:29 AM
I drink to get drunk.

Sometimes having a couple is fun, sometimes having a bunch is better, but you pay. I'm too busy to be hung over most of the time. So I have to catch a nice buzz and let it wear down a bit before crashing.

I also don't drink during the week as a rule, and I haven't drank near as much on the weekends as I used to. Most people grow out of the getting drunk at every chance.
[post=472103]Quoted post[/post]​

im just gerring into that :) i <3 smirnoffs!! jeje!!

Good choice Wil. You'll be surprised at how fast you can save up for car parts if you stop blowing cash on alcohol. :)

hey man, sorry to hear about the black outs and ish...
good call on quitting, but don;t go too extreme or you'll crave it real bad...

also be careful of withdrawl...
it could send your body into shock leading to cardiac arrest...
be careful man, if your body is so used to alcohol you're gonna get tremors and shit from not having it...
best of luck...

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Mar 11 2005, 12:58 AM
drinking not to even get a buzz is dumb in my mind. drink water or juice or something else, its cheaper.
[post=472095]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, it is cheaper, but......

I love the taste of alcohol. I love sitting back with a good pint of amber lager. I love how a good Rye adds a beautiful butterscotch/smokey hint to cola. I love how an extra dry martini with Belvedere or grey goose vodka is all alcohol, yet for some reason doesn't burn. I love the suttle complexities of a Shiraz or Pinot Noir. I love how a Gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire reminds me of summer.
Booze just tastes fucking great....end of story. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that get to drunk to even appreciate what they're drinking. The distillers and people who made your favourite drink spent years developing the flavours ...... too much hard work to be wasted on some drunk-ass...or in a toilet bowl at the end of the night.

Now, I'm not against getting drunk at all. I do it every weekend. But I go and buy a nice bottle, take my time, and enjoy it.

Will, my advice......as someone else said, just quitting cold turkey could be hard on your body (if your drinking is as bad as you make it out to be).....so I'd say, buy yourself a nice bottle of something you've never had before, do some research, and enjoy it in moderation. Don't be a drunk, be a connoisseur.....bitches love that shit B)

well; i love to drink beer.....but i guess its okay to back off....i used to drink a gallon of captain every weekend by myself...8pm fri to 11pm sun...not good....so now i drink a 12pk in a weekend....i also used to get violent and crazy....

as far as stoping off the bat....try it... but its better (i think) to maybe; learning how to control yourself...ie: stop for a whole week then maybe have a couple with your fam...and go to sleep or smoke pot......then dont drink during the week and make it a weekend thing......rather than an everyday affair....

good luck and what ever you do dont start drinking liquor "because it gets you drunk faster".....you dont want to get drunkl you want a good buzzzzzzz...... you'll end up drinking more...and its worse.....

lol, the beggining of my sophmore year... we drank atleast a 24 between two people everynight for a month and a half straight, with the exception of two days. no joke. my liver was acting up and the levels were all out of wack... drinking that much isnt that cool

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - In contrast to the beneficial effects of moderate alcohol intake on the heart, higher levels of alcohol consumption are linked to calcification of the coronary arteries, researchers report.

good time to stop man...

Originally posted by adnoh+Mar 11 2005, 10:43 AM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Mar 11 2005, 12:58 AM
drinking not to even get a buzz is dumb in my mind. drink water or juice or something else, its cheaper.
[post=472095]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, it is cheaper, but......

I love the taste of alcohol. I love sitting back with a good pint of amber lager. I love how a good Rye adds a beautiful butterscotch/smokey hint to cola. I love how an extra dry martini with Belvedere or grey goose vodka is all alcohol, yet for some reason doesn't burn. I love the suttle complexities of a Shiraz or Pinot Noir. I love how a Gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire reminds me of summer.
Booze just tastes fucking great....end of story. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that get to drunk to even appreciate what they're drinking. The distillers and people who made your favourite drink spent years developing the flavours ...... too much hard work to be wasted on some drunk-ass...or in a toilet bowl at the end of the night.

Now, I'm not against getting drunk at all. I do it every weekend. But I go and buy a nice bottle, take my time, and enjoy it.

Will, my advice......as someone else said, just quitting cold turkey could be hard on your body (if your drinking is as bad as you make it out to be).....so I'd say, buy yourself a nice bottle of something you've never had before, do some research, and enjoy it in moderation. Don't be a drunk, be a connoisseur.....bitches love that shit B)
[post=472194]Quoted post[/post]​

well i understand that way. if i have mgd or a good alcohol i just chill out and get a buzz, but as far as what i drink every weekend, its meant for people to get drunk off of aka anything under 15 bucks that can get you wasted. keystone, a handle of vodka, rum whatever.

interesting point of interest for broke people who want to drink but avoid the inevitable hangovers that go along with 10 dollar 1.75 liter plastic jugs of alcohol...

if you run it through a brita filter 4 or 5 times it usually removes most of the impurities which are a great contributor to your next morning headache and hangover...

normally i would recommend buying higher quality spirits, which are more refined and better filtered, so they in turn produce a better tasting drink with fewer impurities which cause the hangovers... but a recent study has shown that filtering normal cheap alcohol can result in a comparable, if not superior, drinking experience when compared to the higher priced alternatives...

a bunch of nerdy lookin tools did a whole hypothesis and scientific study on it and posted a review/write-up on it...

testimonial...

Lately there seems to be a lot of attention on using a Brita filter to purify hard booze in order to make it taste better. I just have to say that it works better than you can ever imagine. I ran some crappy tequila through the filter a few times, and the horrible taste is completely gone. Purified tequila just tastes like water with a really strong bite to it.

the original write up

Back