No Oil Pressure!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EKJOE

Hey Guys,
Im coming down to the end of my build and was up till 5am this morning getting ready to start my LS/VTEC. Its been a very long 3 month process.

I went ahead and filled up all my fuilds,triple checked everything...Disconnected my distributor...Had Hondata running.

Turned it over for about 10 seconds....Then for about 20 secs. I noticed my Oil Pressure gauge was doing nothing. I look at the line running to the gauge (its clear) and noticed no oil was making it there. I went ahead and poped the valve cover off and turned the motor over and no oil making it to the head :/

The oil pump I have is damn near new, I inspected it before it was installed and all "seemed" well.

Besides this problem and a driver side half shaft tranny seal thats brand new and wont stop leaking, Everything is looking great.

I desperately need some experianced opinions about what could cause me to have absolutly no oil pressure.

Attachments

• DSCF8136.JPG
    DSCF8136.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 183
one thing for sure.... don't run your engine until u find why..... u can destroy it........... id u put the oil strainer gasket ? did you torque its 2 bolts ?? is the oil strainer ok ? is your bloc not clogged on the oil gallerys ? didn't you forget a piece of something on these gallerys.......

Back