No oil to head with Golden Eagle sandwich adapter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
I got the Golden Eagle LS/B20/VTEC kit, and put everything together. Car runs fine for the most part, but it threw a code for the VTEC oil psi switch. I figured it was my wiring, so i checked and double-checked it, and it's 100% right (also, I had a B16 in the same car a few months ago, with this harness, so I know it's not an issue with the wiring). I pulled off the GE oil sandwich adapter thingie and the SS oil line, and the inside of the oil line was bone dry. No oil whatsoever.

WTF is the deal? The kit from GE didn't include ANY installation directions, but I doubt that I installed it wrong...Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Hmm....sitting here in my room looking at it, I'm thinking maybe it's on backwards? Does the o-ring on the adapter face the block or the filter?

If I had it backwards (which I think is the problem), then GE needs to start facing the stupid GE logo the other way. It's on backwards. That, or include some fuckin' instructions with the damn kit.

Pluh.

Check the cam journals, with no oil pressure to the head it won't take long to score them bretty badly.

the side with the rubber seal goes to the block. its basically the seal thats on the oil filter.
then the oil filter goes on and its ribber seal meets the ge flat side.

should look soemthign liek this:

284_VTECconversioninstalled.jpg

did you use assembly lube? if so you can run upto 100k without oil in a head without any real problems( ya we built a motor and put the head gasket on the wrong side)

Yeah, I used a bigass tube and a half of assembly lube on the head alone. I probably could've run for a few years on the amount of lube I put in there.

:shrug2:

Not with assembly lube...I used WD40 on the cylinder walls, per the overboost.com article.

:thumbsup:

wd40 dosn't smoke nearly as much as oil :thumbsup:
call friends over befor you even start it then watch them laugh as it smokes so bad they leave the garage. then get it on the dyno and watch jaws drop

ya man you need to post the results as sonn as you get them im leaving town for 7 days tueday and i want to know how it went before i leave

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 25 2004, 07:36 PM
How exactly do you 'squirt' motor oil? Just like glop some on there? lol...
[post=437258]Quoted post[/post]​

pull out he spark plug. drop a glob in

In highschool in my shop classes, we used a restraunt style katchup bottle and used that to squirt everywhere when we assembled our engines. Made it so you didn't use much, and worked great. I ended up rebuilding a lawn mower engine, started up great, and a taraus engine that hadn't ran in years. When I was done with it, it still didn't run lol.

Back