No pedal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well here is my dilema. I just got done installing 95 Civic EX calipers, spindles, and hubs onto my 94 Civic Si. I also installed SS brake lines all the way around. I bleed them and had a nice firm pedal yesterday and I went out to the car today and had no pedal at all with the car running. With the engine off I would pump the brakes a few times and the pedal would start to stiffin up. If I held pressure on the pedal the pressure would slowly go away until the pedal was on the floor. I checked for leaks today and found none. Im guessing its the brake master cylinder.

My question is, do you think my assumption is correct? Also the car has a 13/16 brake master on it, can I upgrade to a 15/16 as a direct bolt in or do I need to change the booster or any other parts to make it work? Any advice would be helpful.

What is up with the huge blank spot in your post (unless there are pics and they are not loading for me)

You have air somewhere. Did you ever let the mastercylinder go dry? If so, your going to have to take it off and bench bleed it. If you get air in there, normal bleeding will not help it.

what about when You swaped lines? If you let them flow out, that is when you get air in them.

Do you have ABS?

EDIT* that is weird, I went to exit your first post to get rid of the spaces, and it said it had no spaces. Might be an error with the board. I will let b know.

While swapping the lines I clamped off the end of the rubber line w/ a pair of vice grips to limit the amount of brake fluid lost. Then I bolted the new lines to there respective mounts before ever taking any fitting loose. The only time there was a chance for air to get in was when I was detaching the old line from the hard line and putting in the new one.

I've got a new master on the way already. Its a GSR master, I'm hoping it'll work considering the master on my car is 13/16 and the GSR master is 15/16.

If anyone has any other ideas they would be appreciated. I think I'm gonna try bleeding em one more time just for kicks.

Originally posted by shadowracer95@Apr 30 2004, 11:09 PM

I've got a new master on the way already. Its a GSR master, I'm hoping it'll work considering the master on my car is 13/16 and the GSR master is 15/16.

Four words for you, shit out of luck. The 13/16's flange to mount it to the Civic booster is opposite the GSR's 15/16's.

maybe.. get the dimensions from parts stores. compare the two bolt pattern dimensions and determine whether or not it'll work.

thats what i would do

Originally posted by shadowracer95@May 1 2004, 08:59 AM
Damn that blows! :huh: Would a GSR booster bolt up into the civic?

It will with an integra booster. And yes the integra booster will bolt to your firewall. You might have to reposition/bend some of the brake lines to fit/reach.

Back