no power between 1000 to 2500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vai

Hi guys :wink:

The engine is a B16 1st gen into a 2000 EK Civic HB, stock block and head, RSR exhaust manifold to silencer, top fuel air intake and buddy club cam pulley for precise tuning possibilities.
So the engine is stock.

But the ecu is the stock ecu from the previous engine D15, it woks fine with no CEL.
I know that it's not a good operation, but we have problems to have OBD2a ecu for this car.

Since the begining when we drive it in all gears, we have an erratic idle around 2000 rpm with a big shutdown of power. After 2500 rpm the car idle come fine and still work fine. Especially when we drive in mountain, no power until 2500 rpm with erratic idle. :cry: :cry: :cry:
We do a compression test, who was pretty fine, try to tune it but no big changes. Seems to be the same. Give advance with the distributor, seems better, but there is no power, i think we are far from the 140 hp we can expect from. :huh:

So i know that the ecu is a critical component, i want to know if the ecu might be the cause of my problem.
If some good infos you have, please let me know.Perhaps i have another issue and you guys have ideas about what can i do to solve it. :confused:

Thanks guys for your sugestions. :)

Does it spit and sputter up to 2500 or is it just laggy until 2500? Definitly sounds like an ecu problem to me, What is the # off of the side of the ecu?(ie. p28 p72, that kind of thing) You cant use a obd2 ecu on an obd0 motor unless you use jumpers.

:eek: WOW! Youve got an OBD-0 b16 motor in a OBD-2 chassis running off the ECU from the OBD-2 D-series and your wondering what your problem could be?!?!?! Good freaking lord almighty! I'm surprised your car even runs, let alone no CEL. :laugh: Sounds as if you have no clue as to what you are doing or saying, yet it sounds like you know what the problem is. :confused: Depending on where you live, your gonna be screwed when it comes time to pass emission testing with the correct ECU for the motor.

lol.
The b16 is 160hp not 140hp.
The d15 ECU will run the car like shit, and that is 99% of the problem.
Do as mentioned above, or get an obd2a to obd1 conversion harness and run an obd1 p30.
I'd suggest also using a chipped pXX but i think in your case, it'd be best to just use a p30.
Good luck :wink:

{ i just thought, maybe try finding a 96-97 Del Sol DOHC VTEC and use that ecu, might save you some trouble :wink:)

Hy all, :)

Yesterday i try a PR3 ecu with a conversion harness OBD2 to OBD1, no CEL.
But no changes, the engine run bad as before, i have to advance the ignition to the maximum to have something better but not good (the engine response is very late). :cry: :cry:

I check the timing, cams are to TDC, cranck in the good position with the white mark. I don't know where is the failure. I try many different tuning with the cams, but with no good result ( advance IN and retard the EX). Maybe at this point, i will try to change the distributor. I don't know why i have to put so much advance. :blink:

If you guys have meet this problem before, tell me what you have done? Or what is your basic setup in tuning with the cams (advance 4° IN ; retard 8°EX and a little advance with the distributor)? :) :)

Thanks to help me find this prob. :wink: :wink:

To all of U, My problem came to my f....'' fuel regulator. And from my D15 ECU , like everyone reply. :dry: :dry: :dry:
Now my car run correctly. I even smoke a BMW 330 CI. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :worthy: :worthy:

I would like to know some stuff about the cams gears timing, mine is 0° EX and -1° IN, any ideas, please ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back