1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No power from my ls in my eg please help driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by demon1, Jul 15, 2008.

1. demon1

demon1 New Member

now in the fl, born and raised in the 215 philly b
    hey guys can anyone help me out with this prob the car was running fine just doggin out a little here and therer nothing major then today i am driving then all the sudden the car just starts making this wierd popping noise when i press on the gas it sounds like when you unhook you spark plug wire and try to drive you get that wierd sound kinda sounds like a subaru but i popped the hood no loose wires i mean i can drive the car but i aint drivin miss daisy over here. any help would be greatfull thanks guys peace

2. JdmJc

JdmJc New Member

Maybe your Dizzy
    or ecu?

3. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

you could have a plug wire going bad, a fould plug , clogged injector , i had a 240 that did the same thing it was a bad plug wire, replaced the wire and it was drifting majic all over again

4. MATTXR250R

MATTXR250R New Member

Do you seem to be down a cylinder and running on 3? Fire up the engine and pop the hood,start taking the spark plug wires off the plugs 1 at a time..if you get a change..as in the engine starts missing put it back on and go to the next...if you find one that makes no different in how the engine is running when you pull the plug wire off then you know this is the cylinder of concern. THen as the guy above me said start checking for spark on that cylinder,might be a clogged fuel injector as well as he said..I have had this happen. I had a miss on Cylinder #2 after I did my LS swap into my EG. I had spark,good compression..I pulled the injector..it looked ok to me..but I put it over in cylinder 1 and put the injector from cylinder 1 over in 2..fired it back up..now the misfire was on cylinder 1 instead of 2. Bought a new injector and problem solved.

Months later my car died on the way home from work one day..wouldn't do anything..would not re-start or anything. Had to have it towed home. Paid the tow truck driver 85 bucks..he left..I tried one more time to start and shit..it fired right up..not what I wanted..I knew it was electrical. I drove it to my dads place 10 mins from my shop to get his spare car while I figured this out..on the way it lost power..tachometer went to 0..but the engine was still running..oil pressure was still at 75psi...just had no power..it died when I pushed the clutch in...I swapped to my spare dizzy and no more problems..

5. Aleaf.CRX

Aleaf.CRX Hates Cunts!

There was only one period in that entire "sentence". I counted.

6. MATTXR250R

MATTXR250R New Member

Your correct..I counted to:D:eek:

7. thetunersource

thetunersource New Member

check your ignition system or your timing

8. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

9. demon1

demon1 New Member

now in the fl, born and raised in the 215 philly b
    yea i did the same exact thing as you didi mattxr250r the same damn thing, sure enough it was the injector then i got a new one and the next pain in the ass was trying to find the right o-rings to go on them then finally discount auto had a o-ring kit but that took 2 days but all together, its all good now thanks for all your guys info thanks again, peace and hey does anyone live in the fl. around orlando area

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted