No power to injectors. I'm stumped.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
I have this 89 teggy at my job. came in with no fire, replaced the coil. got fire, started. but then it started to shut off a few seconds after you start it. So i replaced the Fuel Relay. Started great, idled fine and everything. As soon as i went to call it done, shut the hood and sat in the car. bam. cut off. Now im not getting power to the injectors. and im stumped on this. Im not sure if the relay burned up or what. i went to check out the relay, it was really warm. and all the fuses are good, theres not cel's. Any suggestions? some one told me that the voltage regulator could be bad and its letting too much power into the car which could of burned up the fuel pump relay. I do believe that the relay is bad now being the fuel pump doesnt kick anymore.

Last edited:
I'd say it's your voltage regulator or your main fuse, but I trust your fuses are all good. Other than that the best you can do is check around for a short. Look for bare wires or anything sketchy

I got power to the injectors now. but NOW theres no power to the fuel pump. So im going to run a jumper so i can test the volts and see if its over powering it and burning my relay up. this car has been a royal pain in my ass.

try replacing the ecu or main relay if you havent already

replace your voltage regulator. i can almost guarantee that's what the problem is.. unless you have a short somewhere. good luck with this one.

Back