No power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airgetcha

88CRX /B16a/P30 engine has high idle and I can get VTEC to kick inn while sitting still. After, a few seconds loss of engine power and engine will not rev above 4k rpm's.
I am assuming the ecu is switching to safe mode. But why? TPS, IAT, ECT, cylinder position sensor, all are working properly.

Originally posted by Airgetcha@Aug 25 2004, 04:09 PM
88CRX /B16a/P30 engine has high idle and I can get VTEC to kick inn while sitting still. After, a few seconds loss of engine power and engine will not rev above 4k rpm's.
I am assuming the ecu is switching to safe mode. But why? TPS, IAT, ECT, cylinder position sensor, all are working properly.
[post=381699]Quoted post[/post]​

Throttle cable could be too tight as far as high idle. not reving past 4k? does your speedo work?

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89+Aug 25 2004, 04:11 PM-->
Airgetcha
@Aug 25 2004, 04:09 PM
88CRX /B16a/P30  engine has high idle and I can get VTEC to kick inn while sitting still. After, a few seconds loss of engine power and engine will not rev above 4k rpm's.
[post=381699]Quoted post[/post]​

Throttle cable could be too tight as far as high idle. not reving past 4k? does your speedo work?

matt
[post=381702]Quoted post[/post]​

I mean the engine runs, smooth idle but high idle which I realize I can adjust with cable. My real concern is the loss of power after a few seconds and yes the speedo works.

the VTEC does not kick in unless you are moving. thats why ur spedo. cable needs to be pluged in to ur comp can see that you are moving so it can kick in.

Originally posted by CRseX84@Aug 26 2004, 08:44 AM
the VTEC does not kick in unless you are moving. thats why ur spedo. cable needs to be pluged in to ur comp can see that you are moving so it can kick in.
[post=382090]Quoted post[/post]​

How does your spedo. cable plug in to ur comp?? :blink:

Back