no powerto fuse box

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

199crx

I have a 1990 crx I just got the car I put new battery in it and it pop the 60 amp linked fuse under the hood I put a new one in it and now nothing works no radio sun roof wont close no head lights nothing....terminals are tight and grounds are good I have power under the hood to every thing but nothing to the fuse box but the starter fuse has power and when I take the key out its got power to some fuses but very dim help plz

Did you find the short prior to replacing the fuse?
ReCheck the "new" fuse with a multi meter..

what is the voltage of the new battery? if the voltage is too low, most shit wont work. you might need to throw it on a battery charger if the voltage is low. also check for shorts and other blown fuses. there should be another 50A fuse in the underhood fuse box that controls powerflow to the underdash fuse box. check it out.

Alright so I've have chasing wire for 2 days now and I was messing around with it and to show my dad that the starter is still good I crossed the starter silionoid and the motor turned over NOW EVERY THING WORKS HEAD LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING im thinking maybe ignition any one had ignition problems like this the kid I bought it off of says the the car will just die and not start back up could it be part of the problem 2 birds with one stone maybe

sounds like low batt voltage. everything is working cause the alternator is pumping more voltage into everything. did you test the battery voltage yet?

Battery fixed it put on charge and now its good having problems with dizzy now the blue and white wire and the black and yellow wire are cut on the dizzy side of the plug the black and yellow go to the black and yellow on the plug im assuming...the black and yellow have power but were does the white and blue go ground maybe? ????????

:huh:

Is this one of "those" threads?

Battery fixed it put on charge and now its good having problems with dizzy now the blue and white wire and the black and yellow wire are cut on the dizzy side of the plug the black and yellow go to the black and yellow on the plug im assuming...the black and yellow have power but were does the white and blue go ground maybe? ????????

White/Blue stripe wire is for TDC.

Back