No replacement for displacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
I am considering putting the Crower 2.0 kit in my B16. The motor is completly stock as of now and wanted to rebuild it before a it takes a shit like the LS. With say stage two cams, headwork, and the proper fuel delivery system and a good tune what kind of gains am I looking to make. Or would it be easier to rebuild it and go for a low boost setup. I would really like the all-motor way but I want the most bang for my buck!

Turbo is definitely going to yield the best results power wise, therefor can be considered best bang for the buck.

But a stroked, built Turbo would be ideal. :thumbsup:

n/a is a very expensive way to get beat by a turbo d16.

you can spend $10,000 for 220 hp n/a
or...
you can spend $2000 on a turbo for 250hp

it's up to you.

what he said^^ ..

i prefer n/a.. i just love the sound of all motor though

I like the idea of the B20 vtec with some boost. And for the vtec head swap you need oil line for the selonoid and swap speciffic head bolts yes? Whats a B20 bottom end run for.

Last edited:
Posts like this keep my interest on building an LS/VTEC. It would be so EASY to get say a B20 complete block and cheap too.

I never thought about a B20 untill Blanco said it. It would be a lot cheaper than just the stroker kit, and would leave more money for fuel delivery cams and what-not.

I never thought about a B20 untill Blanco said it. It would be a lot cheaper than just the stroker kit, and would leave more money for fuel delivery cams and what-not.

It's a good idea from what I have read.. If I were to do a B20 myself, I would probably want it re-sleeved. That's a very good point, by the way. It would be a LOT cheaper than a stroker kit, which usually runs over 3,000 and that's low balling it I believe. Ugh! The temptations is REALLY there to do an LSVTEC, however, the money is not, sad to say. Heck I'm considering selling my own block nowadays. Who knows what will happen in a years time.

or...

it's up to you.

omfg i have been wanting to hear something like this for so long, THANK YOU, turbo it is for my 2.0 soon to be lsvtec! :D:D:D

omfg i have been wanting to hear something like this for so long, THANK YOU, turbo it is for my 2.0 soon to be lsvtec! :D:D:D

Sound like you just have a huge revelation...or a coronary. haha

For those that don't have gazillions of dollars at their disposal, turbo is a very effective, efficient, and cash friendly way to go. However, don't just slap a turbo on and call it a day. Build up your engine IF you're able to, but most important of all, PLEASE get it tuned. You don't want it to go boom. :D

It's a good idea from what I have read.. If I were to do a B20 myself, I would probably want it re-sleeved. That's a very good point, by the way. It would be a LOT cheaper than a stroker kit, which usually runs over 3,000 and that's low balling it I believe. Ugh! The temptations is REALLY there to do an LSVTEC, however, the money is not, sad to say. Heck I'm considering selling my own block nowadays. Who knows what will happen in a years time.

Week sleeves on the 2.0 then I take it? I wanted to have my B16 bottom end gone through before I put it into my car anyways so a little prep work on it is no big deal. I dont want to scatter another motor. https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/trashed-motor-111061/. Motors tend to run better when they arent in pieces.

I found a complete B20 swap on Sunrise JDM Motors for 600 +shipping. Good deal? And has anyone went through them before? Thanks.

Ill check that out. PasswordJDM has one 550 and 200 for shipping. How much luck do you think I would have finding one locally?

or...

it's up to you.

2000 turbo setup on a stock d16 making 250whp? Mine only made 200whp on 10psi with a t3/4 hybrid. I spent 2k building my na ls-v and it made 204whp. And as said many times, power for power the NA will win everytime.

I found a complete B20 swap on Sunrise JDM Motors for 600 +shipping. Good deal? And has anyone went through them before? Thanks.

Ouch! Have you looked locally? I've run into three people so far selling a complete B20 for less than five hundred. IF I end up going with the B20, which DEAR GOD IT'S TEMPTING, I'll be looking for it locally. Try Craigslist my friend. I've gotten a lot of good deals from there. Best of luck to you.

Back