No reserve gtr on eBay dealer backs out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They'd better get a bigger umbrella.

Something like this could easily close a dealership.

Just goes to show, if businesses can't recognize the power of the internet they are truly left in the dust.

even if you just search GTR ebay, some threads on this are on the first page.

The fallout from this is going to be colossal.

too bad it still cost a shitload of money for maintenance and upkeep to maintain the warranty.

still overpriced imho....

prepare_your_angus.gif

:lmao:

I sent this in to all the news stations here in DFW, one has already replied back.

Unfortunate that they had to receive such a huge hit to their reputation in order to learn the meaning of customer service.

^That's what I was thinking they might do; they said they'd sell it for 59k but all those other guys who bought Civics said they were tacking on $4000-$5000 right before signing.

Edit: According to Jalopnik, they had the car for sale for $62k afterwards.

Last edited:
I think after the amount of scrutiny they are under at this point pretty much any last minute shenanigans will go right under the microscope and they will need to resume preparing their angus.

The dealership will probably just replace the people who rejected the guy's ebay auction.

From reading the thread it seems it was the dealership owner that put it on there and rejected the ebay auction. I'm curious of Honda had something to do with it though, as someone twittered it to Honda Customer Service and supposedly they reported it. The same thing had happened in the other cases where the manufacturer got involved(Hyundai and BMW; not sure about Dodge)

too bad it still cost a shitload of money for maintenance and upkeep to maintain the warranty.

still overpriced imho....

Coming from someone posting on a honda civic message board that mostly applies to 1990-2000 model civics/tegs.... I agree.

Coming from any other website where people normally drive around in 30-40K dollar cars for daily drivers. I highly disagree.

55K for a GTR is an awesome price, upkeep is pricey but it's a friggin GTR one of the faster cars in the world (based on track times, not top end) Are their better cars out there? Sure, but for $55K....... that's a chitload of car for little money.

:werd: I hate to agree, but that's pretty spot on.

Back