No reserve gtr on eBay dealer backs out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So E, what do you think about my comparison with the 3 or 4 other cars i posted?

while im not sure that i would say they are direct competitors (other than the M3) i would definitely agree that they are better choices within that price range

the IS-F and the M5 are both sedans which automatically removes them as direct competitors but i think i see where you are coming from with the "in that price range" angle

i never liked the IS-F much... it also suffers from that bloated water retaining look... and Lexus offers some of the blandest most uninspiring styling available (thanks Toyota)... but the car does offer a very decent street-able performance, excellent comfort, and is without question going to offer reliability and low maintenance over the others

the M5 offers excellent performance and incredible comfort, it doesnt handle like a 3 series, and that's really the only thing i can say bad about it (other than i hate the fucking look of that generation), but its not supposed to handle and ride like a 3, it is supposed to be more comfortable and more refined, but still capable... and it is... luckily BMW fixed the look of the 5 series for this gen and the M5 will finally look proper again and less like a mouthy whore with too much jewelry and bad eye makeup

the M3 offers an amazing mix of comfort, luxury, and performance, all with a level of practicality... it also (as always) has a classic styling that blends flash and refinement without any of the gaudiness that plagues a lot of cars that try to pull off the luxury sport look... it offers very good performance while holding on to and accentuating the connection to the driving experience... BMW knows how to make drivers cars

which car to chose depends on who you are...
lets take an imaginary trip... you will be driving to a location about 5-600 miles away... your choice of roads is up to you...

if you will be taking the interstate, go for the IS-F... you will be able to appreciate its comfort, performance and reliability... and it wont be so eye catching as to attract unwanted attention when you do get the opportunity to stretch its legs occasionally
feel free to get it in the "shiftable manu-matic"... a part time transmission for part time drivers

if you prefer the older curvier 2 lane highways to the interstate, then choose the M5... you will be able to enjoy slicing your line through those looping turns, putting the throttle down and climbing off into the hills, and the comfort will absorb away the imperfections in the road... when the sun is low to the horizon, slide the sunroof open and let some cool evening air mix around the car with the aroma of the freshly conditioned leather, it will remind you why you drive
you will be better served by the manual here, but the comfort and luxury will tell you that you want the manu-matic... just be sure to remember that mimosas do still count as drinking and driving... and for fuck sake put your pinky back in

if you would rather take the state routes, and avoid the highway all together, then you would be hard pressed to beat the M3... twisty, turney, hilly roads with decent surfaces, little to no traffic, and very few cops to be seen... throttle down and carve deeply into corners, laughing at the 25mph recommended speed markings, making use of the extra side bolstering the seats offer... windows down, music up, air buffeting against the side of your face... grinning as you approach on another car in your lane, preparing to make your pass regardless of the fact that you are in a non-passing zone... letting the exhaust note howl as you overtake them and speed off into the next set of turns... never really caring if you make it to your destination at all
definitely get the manual, no questions asked here... and remember to always look well ahead and off to the sides... because nothing will ruin a beautifully linked corner set quite like a deer

the GT-R... well, if you like throttling off and "PwNiNg n00bs" at every stoplight, or any time there happens to be a car next to you on the highway... or sitting around yapping about your cars achievements on this track (that you've never been to), or in this magazine (that your only affiliation with is the free subscription you scored online)... or if you dont really care about learning the finer intricacies of driving... and have no interest in trying to finely hone your driving skills knowing that you can and will never achieve perfection... if you think that energy drinks actually taste good... if you have had heated debates over which driving simulator has more realism, and which gaming system is better... well then the GT-R is probably for you
it doesn't really matter which transmission you get with it because you're not really driving it any way... even though you will get the manual because it will make you feel cooler... and look how dope it is when the car rev matches downshifts for you... truly a car for flat brimmers

Last edited:
So what does this have to do with taking your GTR to an open track day? lol

not even close. lol

To me, the 350Z looks bloated, and I've always thought that even before the GT-R was released(when the 350Z first came out, my initial thought was , "that car looks fat").

5801082455_5d05c9b1f5.jpg

(R34, R33, and R32 would be similar comparison)

Last edited:
So what does this have to do with taking your GTR to an open track day? lol

people with only 1 car (GTR) wont track it. People with enough money to track a GTR, have enough money for other cars.

Therefore, a GTR is an impractical daily driver. Proven partly by the fact that those who do track it, have other cars. Those who daily a GTR, probably don't track.

To me, the 350Z looks bloated, and I've always thought that even before the GT-R was released(when the 350Z first came out, my initial thought was , "that car looks fat").

(R34, R33, and R32 would be similar comparison)

every car compared to it's predecessor is "bloated and fat".

old mini - NEW MINI

old 240z - NEW 370Z

old M3 - NEW M3

bigger engines, bigger cabins, bigger tires, more electronics and safety features....well, bigger cars.

people with only 1 car (GTR) wont track it. People with enough money to track a GTR, have enough money for other cars.

Therefore, a GTR is an impractical daily driver. Proven partly by the fact that those who do track it, have other cars. Those who daily a GTR, probably don't track.

One of them is daily driven. I agree typically 16 year old kids do not have GTR's, but those who have grown up, married and have kids would buy a GTR and thus have other vehicles.

I still don't see the point.. lol

still though, nobody has really validated why the GTR is such an amazing car for $55k-$65k.

All E did was solidify my opinion. yes, it's an opinion. everybody has one.

Well that's because i dont know anyone personally that's driven one. I've driven the old M3s, all the lexus models up to 2006, porsches even a z06...I can't really comment on the GT-R cause i've never driven one. It just makes me feel 5 years old when I see it.

No I agree completely with everything else. I'd rather have a middle of the line model Corvette like a used C6 Z06 than the GTR if I'm looking for a weekend warrior/impractical fun car. At least that is a real driver's car that is very capable. Actually feel like your piloting the car rather than being along for the ride.

The dealership I work for also owns the Nissan dealership next door... but that doesn't mean we can drive the cars :ph34r: ...

The GTR is an awesome vehicle. It did everything I wanted it to do (or that I was able to do on the street). That being said, the sticker price on it was $91k.

IMO, it's not worth that price tag. For $91k, I want all around performer (handling, speed, luxury feeling/seating, features such as MP3 player, navigation, ect...) For $55k, it's definitely worth it but i'm speaking in terms of brand new.

If I were to spend around $55k on a car right now, it would be for a C63 :D I may be biased though :p

another point that is strictly my opinion, for that same $91k, I want something more attractive and unique. a GTR only turns heads for tuner boys and people who know what it is.

If we are spending that much, I would rather have an Audi R8, Mercedes 550, Corvette zr-1.....

Back