No spark with B18..HELP!!!please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just got my B18A1 into my honda civic hb. i used my stock wiring harness and ECU. i wired in my other 2 injectors, and the injector resister box. since i am using my stock harness i cant use the B18 stock distributor...so i put the one off my 1.5 on it...the whole to bolt it down dont all line up, but one does, and i got it attached fine. is there ne reason y this distributer wont work on this motor, or is there a possabilty that there is something else wrong. and advice or help is greatly appreciated. thanks

no, it isnt the coil, and it isnt the igniter box, i put a diff coil on and a diff igniter box. i dont no what else it could be..oh and its not the fuse either.

Did you replace the coil with new or used one?

What about the dis. cap and rotor? New/Used?

If they're used you might want to replace them.

you have to use the ls dizzy, your going to have to get some dizzy plugs from the wrecking yard and get the pin outs to move wire aroud etc..

and i put used everything on it, but i no that it all works cuz i checked my coil and igniter box

you will need to add the cyp sensor wires at the dist, and use the LS dizzy (distributor). That is the reason why you dont have spark. The ls ecu looks for a cylinder position signal to adjust the ignition timing. You will have to put a ls dist plug on your harness, just use a paperclip to push the pins out. Just match up all the wires with the same color on the LS dist with your harness, you will have 2 wires that are not in your harness but are on the ls dist. Those wires are the CYP sensor wires, one is blue w/ green stripe and the other is blue w/yellow stripe.
Blue/green goes to pin C1 and blue/yellow goes to pin C2.
When doing this swap you must not mix up the fat white wire and the thin white wire on the distributor plug, also dont forget to switch the 2 outer wires on the TPS sensor.
let me know if that helps.
use this site for some reference
http://www.4thgenerationcivic.com/how-to&#..._conversion.htm

yes, i am using the stock ecu. i was told that if i used a pr4 ecu i would have to run 54 new wires, so i am sticking with the stock ecu becuz it is easier.

you CANNOT use the stock dx ecu with your b18a1. it will not work. at least get a 88-91 civic/crx si ecu...

yup, you need to get the 90-91 ls ecu, and perform a complete MPFI conversion, i would have someone that knows what they are doin assist you

ok, everyone is saying that i have to move the wire that feeds pin c1 to pin b10 and the wire that feeds c2 and move it to b12. what do i do if i have no wire that feeds pin c1, then i cant relocate that wire to b10 and it wont work ne ways, so does ne one no what i do now, or can i run a wire, and if i can run a wire where do i run it from

Back