1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No spark

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by honda954, Mar 13, 2008.

1. honda954

honda954 New Member

I have a 2000 EK9 with a B16 swap. I have been driving with this motor for three years. My problem is that I have no spark. I have already changed distributors, checked all the fuses and checked all the grounds. When I turn on the car I can hear my fuel pump turn on and I am getting fuel pressure. I changed out the two relays above the trunk release handle, I think these are the main relays. I cant hear or feel a click from these relays when I turn on the car and my check engine light will not go off.

2. ek9jdmguy

ek9jdmguy New Member

check to see if your ignition coil fuse is out or your starter fuse because that will cause it to crank but no sparks;)....

3. honda954

honda954 New Member

All my fuses look good. I think it is a relay problem. I cant hear the main relays click, or I think it is the main relay, the one above the hood release. I changed both relays out and I still dont get a click from them. My check engine light does not go off when the key is in the on position. I dont think it is my ecu, because I can hear the fuel pump come on. All ready tried different ECUs. What do I do if the main relays dont switch on?

4. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Replace the main relay. Or track the wiring coming out of it. You may just have corroded or loose wires. If you can scan it, find out what cel code/s are being thrown.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted