No Spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CharlieP216

Hello, obviously I'm new, but was told this forum is damn good on swap info so hopefully you guys can help.

Alright I got everything straightended out so far except one thing. I have a 2000 Civic using a 99 EX M/T wire harness, have a 97 Del Sol DOHC motor and ecu, and using a OBD2 > OBD1 conversion harness. It doesn't get spark and a friend and I confirmed no spark coming off the distributor (using a dis out of a 2000 Si). Any ideas?

So here's my question, do I need to use the OBD1 dis or can I use the OBD2 one? If I need to use the OBD1 how do I wire it up? Is it much different?

Any help is much appreciated....

You have to right set-up it seems, is the dizzy it's self good? Maybe you just need a new Dizzy

the thing is brand new

On Saturday I tried using the OBD1 dis, made a conversion harness from the wiring that came with the engine and another harness i had and still no luck any ideas.

yeah I'm going to try that anyway, let me ask this, if I use the ECU that came with the engine could that cause a problem? it isn't chipped or anything

Back