No Spark???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lilboostedcrx

wsup every1 having a lil problem here what i have is a 91 hf crx block with a 89 si crx head i have the motor in the car and all wires/hoses hooked up the problem is that the motor cranks like its about to start but it won't start i pulled the spark plug wire off and no spark so den i changed out rotor, disrtb, coil, wires and still the motor don't start just cranks i checked to see if there was power from the positive and negitive to the coil and there is power i check the outer distrbutor connecters and theres power there so i duno wats wrong with the car my friend told me it could be my ground so if it is can anyone help me to find out exactly which ground needs to be grounded and if its not the ground then wat is it??? i am using a 89 si crx distrb and ecu...

well, your main engine ground (by the thermostat housing) is normally the candidate here.

The last ignition system component you haven't tried is the ignitor. In my experience, these go bad a LOT. Before you go swapping out the ignitor (they're not cheap... ~$80 if I remember right) you probably want to try swapping out the whole distributor assembly with a friend long enough to see if that helps.

btw are you throwing any codes?

Danx for the response but yea i am throwing a code 15 which is the ignition output wen u said igniter u mean the igntion coil right?? cause if it is i bought a bran new 1 but also the thing is my block is d15 hf 91 and my head is 89 si and i used the si's disrtrubtor and the rotor inside is the weird shaped 1 not wat a normal rotor would look like.. well i went to the autoparts store and got a new rotor but it didn't look like the original that came inside the si's distrb so could that also be the problem ... i asked to look up both a 91 hf rotor and a 89 si rotor and the part numbers are the same ...so i just went ahead and used the rotor which didn't look like the original si's rotor...

for the love of god are you blind?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Code 15 is why you have no spark.

Code 15s are caused by one of very few things in my experience:
1. Bad wiring (not likely since you didn't mess around with the engine harness DID YOU?)
2. Bad ignitor module in distributor. THIS IS NOT THE COIL!!! The ignitor is a recangular box with 4 wires connected to it approx 2" x 2" x 1/4" and is inside the distributor.
3. Toasted ECU.

Back