no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frodotoolbox

92 civic si d15b
im gonna try this again.
im not getting spark in my del sol.
it has a d16y8 block with a d16z6 head.
i changed the distributor twice.
new dist. cap
new dist. rotor
new wires
new plugs

did the haynes manual test and its telling me its a bad icm (in the dist.)
but i have put TWO NEW dist. on and all three read the same.

the car will crank and im getting fuel cuz everyonce in a while when i stop trying i get a back fire.

i pulled the wires and put a screw driver in it til it touched metal and held the metal part of the screw driver and didnt feel anything.

what could it be????? anyone?????
i really miss driving my car so the quicker the better please!!!!!!
thanks in advanced

your getting spark, otherwise it wouldnt backfire, and it would hydrolock...
check to make sure your spark plug wires are in the proper firing order, both on the dizzy and the head.
next if that dont work check your timing. could be 180º out.

Jason

im not getting spark because when i held the screw driver i would have been shocked... dont you think... i didnt feel anything. the timing is 99% perfect and i put the wires on the was the haynes manual says.
dist. from advanced auto. new
the y8 has stock y8 everything
and the z6 head has stock everything.
running on a z6 ecu.

xenocron tests ecu's for $25 this includes minor repairs as well

take the dizzy back to AA and get one from somewhere else. Napa or Car Quest preferably I went through 3 count em THREE starters one night becuase I kept getting them from AA. or was it Auto Zone either way they're hockin the same parts, get a quality part.

Oh and are you clearing the codes when you do this?

im not throwing any codes thats the prob... the local tuner shop owner says if it dont throw a code it might be the ecu also... but hes not the resident honda guy...

Check to make sure all the grounds in your engine compartment are secured, especially the one on the thermostat housing.

Has it started yet? If your still have no spark can you hear your fuel pump relay click and the fuel pump prime pressurize the system?

Can I suggest not holding onto the screwdriver while trying to see if you have spark. There is enough voltage to kill you by electrocution. If you want to test spark, for your own good you should still put a long screwdriver in the spark plug boot but put it on the engine and look to see for little blue sparks off the valve cover. For the D16z6 head you should be using an ECU matching to that head, not the block which I just read that you have.

the only reason i held on to it was becuase my gf said i was getting spark and i said i wasnt and i wanted to prove her wrong.

Back