No Spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P7ank5te7

Well I was on my way to go home, which about 500 mile trip, and all the sudden she shut down in the middle the street. After trying to crank it over, found that its not like the belt came off. Still getting fuel because its holding fuel pressure per my gauge. Tried testing the ignition and come to find out that I have no spark. Replace the cap and rotor because they looked rather hideous, and I'm getting power to coil, but no spark. We're going to try to replace the coil tomorrow in hopes that fixes the problem. I know they have an igniter in there and was wondering if that would go all the sudden, or is there any special way to test it? Also if for some reason the car jumped timing by a tooth or so, I know it should start but if it was off could it cause it to no show any spark at all? Thanks -Gary

first check the 50 amp fuse #32 in the under dash fuse box - i would check the igniter before the coil

Attachments

• 91-23-63.jpg
    91-23-63.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 91-23-64.jpg
    91-23-64.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 141
Well shockingly I got the new coil, and she fired right up. The reason I looked at the coil was due to it having power, and what seemed like was a weak output, because when I hit it with the test light, it was rather dim so to speak. But problem is resolved. Thanks for that info tho. -Gary

Back