No Spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:worthy: I got everything hooked up right on my b16a, but i have no spark. I checked for voltage going into the distributor and it was good. I also put on a new coil, cap, plugs, plug wires, and rotor. what else could it be

Any other details?Are you getting fuel,is it cranking and not turning over?Have you tested for spark by placing the plug on the chassis?

ask some one for there plugs, and try them out yours might be dust..anpother thing ur distm might be fed up so thats another thing to look in to. Pull out one spulgwire with a spark plug in the cap, hold it with some pliers and aim the sp[ark at your valvecover bolt or some kind of ground (about 1/2inch in distance) and have someone turn overe your motor if there is truly no spark it wont send a spark to the ground...

Originally posted by breakdancingbob@Apr 1 2003, 08:20 PM
already did that. what about the ignitor in the distributor

For the ignitor,you have to check that there is battery voltage (ignition swith on) between all three wires.
1.remove cap,rotor and inner cover
2.disconnect the three wires
3.ignition on,check voltage between BLK/YEL and body ground
-if no voltage check wire between ignition switch and the ICM(ignitor)
4.turn ignition on check between WHT/BLU and body ground
-if no voltage check wire between the ignition coil and the ICM
5.check the YEL/GRN wire between the ECM and the ICM
6.Check the BLU wire between the tach and the ICM
7.If test are normal,replace ICM.

check your main relay under your dash it could probably be that. the same thing happend to me and it ended up being the relay,.....

Back