no speedo or odom.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
i have a 90 accord auto and i have no speedometer and no odometer or trip. everything else in the dash works except for those things. it was broke/disconnected before i got the car. the odo says 199k so i thought maybe a previous owner dissconnected it to keep it under 200. its not throwin any codes or anything

i do believe those are cable operated speedo's. sounds like the cable brook this is typical for the older hondas.

90 is electrical.

My 90 Accord had the same problem; and sometimes it would randomly work. It's usually a bad VSS sensor; as cruise control doesn't work either. My car didn't throw any codes.

really i didnt know the 90 was electrical. i learn something new every day.

90 is electrical.

My 90 Accord had the same problem; and sometimes it would randomly work. It's usually a bad VSS sensor; as cruise control doesn't work either. My car didn't throw any codes.

yea your right no cruise either. Were is the vss on the tranny? I tried locating it last night but didn't see it

It's on top of the transmission(where the differential is) and has two hoses running to it.

also maybe the vss isnt in all the way...like u said maybe the guy pulled it out to keep mileage down...try pressing down on the vss and u might be kool...try it out and c what happens...

also, i had the same problem, the gauge cluster circuit boards actually fry out, i went through quite a few, i recommend to go to the junk yard and pull out the whole gauge cluster, and install it, should fix the problem

Back